Folders Converted into a Shortcut External Hard Disk Files ?

Solved/Closed
Salem Roubi Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 7, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2012 - Nov 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 11, 2014 at 04:09 PM
i inserted my Ext,HDD in another computer , when I opened the explorer and got inside the HDD I saw all the Folders Converted into a Shortcut
i realized that's all made by a virus like (Trojan or some other damn viruses ) So I Deleted all the files , I open the hdd again there were only 1 hidden folder ( Recycle)
after that I thought that I will get them back if I checked the Folder Option ,the hidden files and folders option , then I disconnected the HDD and plugged again and I checked the size and I saw it is like what I knew it before so that means the HDD isn't empty or no files loses

I searched for a solutions and I tried to scan it on a many of Antiviruses such a (AVG Free 2013 , Avira .) there's alot that said you can try to download a software like :
(Auto Run Exterminator , Malware Bytes Anti Malware , Fix Win "to fix if there's any problems in my windows " , )
and you can like this things :
((How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrives And Memory Cards))
here's the link below :
Deleted by a friendly moderator
i tried to write into the cmd , attributes like : attrib -h - s - r ...
but it give me a result of : file not found *.* ,file not found *.* ..... file not found *.*

Please from all the Experts I hope that you will trying to help me with this problem cuz I need everything inside it that I didn't Copy from it :)
9 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.
Related:

10 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Nov 7, 2012 at 04:55 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the following steps.

Step 1:

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your External

hard drive now.

This will remove the autorun.inf files from your External hard drive and also from

the drives.

Step 2:

Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your External hard drive as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Replace the letter g with your External hard drive letter.

Now check for your files in External Drive.

Step 3:

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.
Thank You So much.. it worked.. I was trying to figure out this problems from last few months..
whenever I encounter this problem with my pendrive I used to search file by extension and copy them to my system.. but now it affected my External HD so what I used to do is an impossible task for my hd.. thank you so much.. you just saved my life! :-)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 1, 2013 at 04:47 PM
You are most welcome Thunderbird, just pay to the next ! Help someone else now. Help an old lady to cross the street or donate a kidney.:-)