When i try to open the drive (D,E,F) got error in box As

Closed
raf - Oct 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hello,

when i try to open the drive (D,E,F) got error in box As "WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST"
under the box got as 'cant find script file "D:\mms.vbs".
plz help me to solve this pbm

Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 3, 2012 at 04:34 AM
Hi raf,

There is a workaround for this problem. Try this carefully as the following resolution steps help in modifying the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. Follow the steps below to first backup the registry:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.
2. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
3. In Restore point description box, type a description for the restore point. Use a description that is easy to understand.
4. After the restore point has been created, click Close.
Steps for overriding the Script Host message:
1. Click Start and then run, type regedit in the Run dialog box, and then press ENTER.
2. From the left pane navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\
3. In the right pane, right click and click new>DWORD(32 bit) Value
4. Name this value as Enabled.
5. Double click Enabled and then set its Value Data as 0.
6. This will override the Script Host message.

When you try to access your D:, E: or F: drives you might receive this message:

Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.

You can ignore this.

Do reply with results.

thanks anyway for the information but i didn't understand if i had the msg "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details."

what i should do?
as this is my case
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hi ss,

This error message can be ignored. Your computer is now safe from the "D:\mms.vbs "script. Some types of script host errors are related to malware or virus infection on a computer. Use the "FileAssassin" tool or the "Delete File on Reboot" option in "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" or "WinPatrol" programs to remove this.

You can choose to download any one of these from the below mentioned links:

https://ccm.net/download/download-2639-fileassassin
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/
http://ccm.net/download/download-5405-winpatrol-16-1-2009-1

When running FileAssassin put this in the path: D:\mms.vbs

Please reply if you have any further questions.