Desktop icons are gone, taskbar won't show up

Solved/Closed
anonymousemax Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2012 - Aug 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM
 abdullah - Feb 11, 2017 at 06:51 AM
Hello,
I am running Windows XP Home
My problem is the same as I have reading in the forums, but worse, NO icons, NO Taskbar,just wallpaper.I have tried everything from booting into safe mode, using the windows XP Home CD to get in and fix the computer to formatting but due to the wallpaper I cannot see what is going on because of it!I have even tried some of the F related tricks plus others i have come across on the internet ,but nothing works or is visible to beable to do anything on the desktop.
I have icons and full OS behind the wallpaper still but now I haven is the wallpapper,othing will show, perhaps I did something earlier while trying different solutions, I don't know.
So the MAIN problem is that I cannot see anything to beable to perform any sort of task.
If someone can lead me to something positive I will be very greatfull.
Thank you.

<config>Windows XP / Internet Explorer 8.0</config>
Related:

2 responses

anonymousemax
Aug 30, 2012 at 09:54 PM
Hi, Rockshy496.
Thank you for your help, but no matter what I did from your directions fixed it so ended up taking it to a computer tech who found the problem.I tried every avenue I knew plus your expert help. with no results. Sorry!
Problem was: Cheap hard.drive which worked for three years from new,then decided to get lazy and declined to start Windows when computer turned on.
He did say that there was a "Hide All" virus as well.
The Tech recommended I buy another hard drive as the one that came with the computer, the green one was very cheap and the blue and black hard drives were the best, a bit dearer but recommended either of the latter two.
I now have the computer running like a dream.
Thank you for your reply and help with trying to sort out the problem.

Kind regards,

Anonymousemax
Blocked Profile
Aug 30, 2012 at 03:34 PM
Hello,

First of all, please try this: press CTL+ALT+DEL then click file and new task. then type explorer.exe and press ENTER.

If this doesn't work, then it may be a virus causing registry troubles. If this is the case, then get through the following instructions:

1. Start Windows XP, after starting press Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Del to launch task manager.
2. Click File menu and select "New Tasks (run...)"
3. Now type CMD and click OK, this will open the Command Prompt.

4. Type following command on command prompt:

Reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs" /v ObjectName /t REG_SZ /d LocalSystem and press enter.

Good luck and if the problem doesn't get solved, please hit back for further help.
thank you so much for your valuable suggestion
thanks bro