Touchpad of newSonyVaio VPCEH35EN Not working

Solved/Closed
prasad - Jul 20, 2012 at 05:31 PM
 storm - May 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Hello,

Hi, I have recently bought a brand new Sony Vaio VPCEH35EN series laptop. The touchpad of the system suddenly stopped working and I have used all possible steps without voiding the warranty norms to restore the system but it seldom respond to any. The funny thing that when I check its driver (Alps) details in device manager everything shows normal and correct

What could be the problem, even if that is repaired under warranty will such problem persist.

Please advice suitable solution and some details on such issue occurs....

thank you

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First make sure that the Touchpad is not locked. Hold the "Fn" key and then

press "F1" key.

[Note : A touchpad symbol should be there on the "F1" key or else look for the

symbol in the function keys and use that particular key with the combination Fn.]

2) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
great! it worked for me after I pressed Fn + F1. Thanks you for your solution.
Great! It worked for me too. Weeks of frustration came to an end. Thanks a ton!
i have faced the same problem with the touchpad..followed the Fn + F1. owrking fine..fantastic..relief...thanks.
Yes, this tweak is very much useful. When I bought my new Sony Vaio Lappy, I too faced the same problem... I went to ask many hardware technicians about this situation but they were also clueless. But fortunately came across this post and tried and it is good.
Thank you so much @JACK4ALL. I have used the procedure explained by you and my Sony Vaio touchpad is functional. Thanks a ton for your wonderful answer.
I had the same issue. Use the Fn+F1 key to activate the touch pad. You might have deactivated it by pressing the same buttons by mistake.
wat is fn key?
hey guys, you know I tried all these basic steps to retrieve the touchpad functionality. But did not work. As the solution provider @jack4rall suggested one only had worked. May be it was not working due to some static electricity kind of some techinical issue must be involved in the troubleshoot action to restore the touchpad.

bye bye
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
May 3, 2013 at 08:33 PM
the "Function" key marked Fn is located on the bottom row far left of the keyboard. Hold the FN new down and then press F1.

Good Luck