Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

White screen of death on iPod Touch 4th gen [Solved/Closed]

redscorpian - Latest answer on Jan 14, 2015 05:15PM
Hello, I have a white screen and the help pages tell me to press and hold... ...until either the apple logo appears or the battery symbol - let me explain I CAN'T SEE ANY SYMBOLS BECAUSE I HAVE WHITE SCREEN!!!!!
Thanks by advance.
Read more 
Answer
+38
moins plus
all you do is hold the home button then while still holding down the home button hold volume up button then while still holding those buttons go head and hold the power off button and hold that until you see the apple sign

riman- Dec 13, 2014 08:11PM
thanks it work really well after 30 sec
amo- Dec 21, 2014 11:01AM
please help me i have tried this way but it isnt workin iam cryin help no any apple sign is appearin plx help me
jaye- Jan 9, 2015 06:48AM
Thanks for this!
lewis040204- Jan 12, 2015 07:20AM
Thanks you so much for the help and advice !!
Answer
+7
moins plus
You will find your answer in this thread:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-123951-my-ipod-has-white-screen-of-death

Redscorpian- Jul 15, 2012 04:33PM
It doesn't work. It doesn't appear to switch off. I cannot put it into any mode. When I try to put it into different modes and connect it to the computer it just switches back on.

I want to know how to get this iPod into the correct mode to restore it and be able to tell that it is in the correct mode when I cannot get any display other than white or nothing. Okay?
Answer
+3
moins plus
Press the power and home button for 10 sec for a reboot.

Redscorpian- Jul 15, 2012 11:38PM
Hmm, I'm sure I said I've tried everything which of course would include that.
Jinny b gud- Feb 7, 2013 10:00AM
Iv got same problem wi mine and it wasn't working either but I just kept leaving it a few hrs and the re trying an eventually it worked and yo don't press the Bol up button !!
heather- Jul 19, 2013 10:05PM
So letting it die worked?
Answer
+3
moins plus
Do u have anything else i can try that might work

Answer
+2
moins plus
I have exactly the same problem, iPod 4g, WSoD, and rebooting doesn't help, 3x tapping the home button fast doesnt help, rebooting with the volume up button pressed doesn't work, rebooting it from PC doesn't work. :(

Answer
+2
moins plus
Help i think i am going to kill myself. HELP!!!!!!!!

Ambucias 19504Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus March 24, 2015Last seen - Mar 16, 2014 04:17PM
Have you read my response at the top of this page? Better than killing yourself.

P.S. Please before you do the final ultimate solution, ensure to write, date and sign your last will and testament. Don't forget to blame Apple and Steve Job.
Answer
+1
moins plus
I just had this happen to me. I let the power run out and then charge it. Try that.

Kiki- Jul 20, 2013 11:38AM
Yes, letting it die worked for me. It happened twice and worked both twice.
Bob- Oct 5, 2013 01:26PM
So letting it die works?
Answer
+1
moins plus
@Alexis

Other than the repair shop, not for the moment.

Sorry but don't kill yourself, the world without you would not be the same.

This document entitled « White screen of death on iPod Touch 4th gen » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.