Closed
Oli - Jul 3, 2012 at 03:06 PM
 Oli - Jul 3, 2012 at 03:54 PM
Hello,
I'm currently using the Toshiba, PSL41E-003004AV,
Windows Vista, Processor- Intel (R) Celeron(R) M CPU 520 @ 1.60 GHz 1.60 GHz
Memory- 2039 MB
32-bit Operating system

I installed Norton Version. 5 to make my laptop faster and safer to use. However, after doing so my laptop has become extremely slow and it was working just fine before that. I can't even load a youtube video atm, a 5 min youtube video would take me approximately 15 mins to load. this is very annoying. i've tried doing Virus and malware Scans, Disk difrag, Disk optimization, PC tune up, Turned off Back up on norton and idel time scans. even uninstalled Norton via Norton Removal tool to see if it get's any better but it's I still have the same problems. I even did a rejestary cleanup and system restore and every other information that I had got on the net. Yet I still have Loading issues. so now I'm considering to Reboot the entire system however I don't have the CD to do so, just wondering how to reboot this system without having the Reboot CD that came with my laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 3, 2012 at 03:27 PM
The recovery disk is not provided with this model because you have to create such a disk yourself using the pre-installed Toshiba Recovery disk creator. But I think not it's too late for this.
What you can try is to use the HDD recovery option. You can use it if you go in advanced boot menu (F8 after the Toshiba Logo is displayed) and select "repair my computer". On the next screen you can choose the Toshiba HDD recovery option that wipes the first partition of your notebook and you get back the "factory settings". That means the preinstalled Vista from Toshiba with all drivers and tools. This will result in all your installed programs and data files being erased.
After this you can try to create the recovery disk using the Toshiba recovery disk creator.

Good Luck
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 3, 2012 at 03:30 PM
There are some local companies that will sell you the recovery disk for about 20 Pounds. Just Google "Toshiba Recovery". This should be your last option.
Hello mate.
Thnx for the response but unfortunatly i'm not getting an option saying "HDD Recovary" When I Go on the Recovary option. i'm having to enter the Country i'm from (England) then log into the Adminstrator acount and getting options called "backup Restore" "System Restore" "Windows Components PC Restore" "Windows memory diagnose tool" "Command Prompt" and "Restore the complete windows Operating system Via CD/DVD Disk"