Dell inspiron heats up shuts down

Solved/Closed
rustler2580 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2012 - Jul 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
rustler2580 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2012 - Jul 1, 2012 at 03:41 PM
Hello,
My name is steve. I got a used dell inspiron 1425 used a few days ago. Was told nothing was wrong with it. Well with in about half hour of using it it heat up and shuts down. So eventually i figured out where the cooling system was. and posted a add on craiglist about help and i got the link to a forum about the same issue other people are having. So i blew the radiator and fan out with a shop vac but still gets on and the fan dont seem to kick on, and not sure when its not supposed to. So not sure if the fan is shot or what the problem is. So in order to run it i have to run some fans that blow air up underneith it just to keep it cool I really want to get this issue fixed because i really love this laptop. So can some one please help me out thanks.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 1, 2012 at 03:32 PM
Hello Rustler,

A shop vac! You really went all out, you could have blown the lap away ! Most people use a can of compressed air so you can get to the fine little corners and around the circuits.

Your fan may be shot or the thermostat may be fried. Only a qualified technician with the proper equipment can test both.

Overheating can cause collateral damage.

Good luck
rustler2580 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 at 03:41 PM
Ok thank you. Thats why i have fans blowing air up under the laptop so it stays cool so i can still use it for the time being.