Gateway NV53 laptop will not load recovery

Closed
Jimmy - Jun 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 30, 2012 at 04:47 PM
Hello,

My harddrive on my Gateway NV53 laptop failed so I replaced with new Harddrive. Did not have recovery discs and my grandson had a borrowed disc for Window 7 Home Premium. OS loaded but did not download drivers for internet and ethernet controllers so cannot connect to internet.

I ordered recovery discs from Gateway, when I start Revcovery disc #1, I get an error message saying there is not enough memory for temporary files on drive E. The laptop has the new hard drive C with most of the 112 GB free and a second hard drive E named ACER that has 86.9 free out of 99.9MB.

How do I get passed this memory issue to continue loading recovery?

Thanks
Jimmy
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 30, 2012 at 04:47 PM
I suggest you download Partition Wizard or a similar program on another computer and use it to erase the partitions on the hard drive. You can burn a bootable CD on the second PC and then change the Gateway to boot from the CD.
The Win 7 install has probably left the hard drive in a state that the Gateway software can't handle. Using the Acer disk to install Windows on your computer was not a good idea.

Note you don't have a second hard drive. You have a second partition on the existing hard drive that was given the drive letter E. That's way it's called "Acer".

Good Luck