Sony Vaio keyboard and buttons stop working

Closed
tinchofm - Jun 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Hi!
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS140E and sometimes, after no special event the keyboard and all the buttons stop working. Not even the power off button. When i try to power off, it doesn't do it properly. The OS shuts down, but the PC is still on (the green ligth is ON). I cannot turn it on again because the button doesn't work.

The only immediate solution i found to this is to unplug it and take away the battery. But the problem occurs again after 1 or 2 days. Any ideas?

It happens no matter which OS I'm using. This occurred to me on Ubuntu, Debian and Windows.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.