Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

PC to TV with VGA and audio cable - NO sound?

mdr8306 1Posts Wednesday June 20, 2012Registration date June 20, 2012Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 16, 2013 06:30AM
Hello,
I am having trouble getting audio on my TV (a Westinghouse VR-2218) when I hook it up to my PC (Dell Latitude E6500; Windows XP). I am using a VGA cable and a 2 RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable. I have attempted to change audio settings on my TV and on my laptop with no luck. The VGA/video works fine, I just can't get sound. I have tried using a double male stereo cable, which HAS produced sound, but it is incredibly soft and hard to hear. The user manual for my TV is here: http://westinghousedigital.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/VR2218_User_Manual.pdf
Page 6 makes it seem like I can only hook up sound with VGA through the "PC in" input, with a double male cable.... could this be the case?
Any assistance would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Read more 
Answer
+3
moins plus
When you use an RCA input port the TV is set for for a a much stronger input signal (amp level) than you get from the headphone jack on the laptop. If the TV has a PC audio input port then I expect it will work fine.

Good Luck
trish- Mar 16, 2013 06:30AM
So pleased I stumbled across this website. Thank you so much xpcman.
Add comment
This document entitled « PC to TV with VGA and audio cable - NO sound? » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.