I am having trouble getting audio on my TV (a Westinghouse VR-2218) when I hook it up to my PC (Dell Latitude E6500; Windows XP). I am using a VGA cable and a 2 RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable. I have attempted to change audio settings on my TV and on my laptop with no luck. The VGA/video works fine, I just can't get sound. I have tried using a double male stereo cable, which HAS produced sound, but it is incredibly soft and hard to hear. The user manual for my TV is here: http://westinghousedigital.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/VR2218_User_Manual.pdf
Page 6 makes it seem like I can only hook up sound with VGA through the "PC in" input, with a double male cable.... could this be the case?
Any assistance would be appreciated!
- PC to TV with VGA and audio cable - NO sound?
- No sound from pc to tv vga connection
- Westinghouse tv vga sound
- Cant's connect my pc to tv via vga cable » Forum - Hardware
- Using computer through tv via VGA to RCA cabl » Forum - Hardware
- Pc to tv via hdmi good picture but no sound? (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- VGA cable problem to display color pc to tv (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- No sound on LCD TV - Desktop HDMI connection (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
When you use an RCA input port the TV is set for for a a much stronger input signal (amp level) than you get from the headphone jack on the laptop. If the TV has a PC audio input port then I expect it will work fine.