How to get rid of trojan virus

Solved/Closed
ziggy7 Posts 117 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009 - Feb 7, 2009 at 12:00 AM
 speedy - May 28, 2010 at 07:58 PM
Hello,
I have a mischievous virus it is trojan n I cant get rid of it can someone tell me step mby step how its done please;-)
Related:

39 responses

SOLUTION FOUND
Dec 28, 2009 at 03:49 AM
Hello,

I had this same problem today. My anti-virus software would not work and each attempt to type in a brand of anti-virus or malware software would immediately close the browser. This was true for Firefox, IE and Chrome.

This is a nasty little virus and took me hours to finally undermine. NONE of the anti-spyware software I had could detect it (Super anti-spyware, Spybot etc)

This is what you should try to fix it:

1). Download "Trojan remover" from: https://www.simplysup.com/tremover/download.html . This is a free product (for 30 days) and scans ALL the files loaded at boot time for Adware, Spyware, Remote Access Trojans, Internet Worms and other malware. You should not have a problem downloading this, as the trojan does not appear to pick up the keyword.

2) Run program. The trojan will lock a file in the registry which the software will detect. Remove or disable this file and you are on your way.

3) Once this locked file (or files) are removed then this appears to disable the trojan. From there you can reinstall your anti-virus software (remove the old copy and reinstall a fresh copy) and do a deep system scan.

My scan is still in the process of completing, but I can surf the web and have no further problems with browsers closing or in installing any kind of software. Good luck. Incidentally I do not know how I acquired this virus, but it may have been through P2P.
to get rid of it use Avira premium or security suite and get rid of any virus.........................