Ask a question Report

Transcend pen drive showing write protected [Solved/Closed]

farhan - Latest answer on Oct 13, 2012 03:58AM
Hello,
My pen drive was showing write protected. transcend 8 gb. wasted 2 days in searching and reading all the forums. Then at last reading this forum i got to know about jet flash online recovery tool. I tried it but it was saying no pen drive detected even though it was there. Then i found that in the transcend site there are several jet onling recovery tool. I chose the universal one which was like transcend all series and then it worked
http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/DLCenter/DLSoftware.asp?ID=4&Func1No=&Func2No=
There is another one
http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/DLCenter/dllogin.asp?Link=dlcenter|Software|JF_Format_Tool.zip
this is a format tool this also worked. So plz inspite of wasting time in regestiry. and searching for storage device policy registry. Which i never found in the window 7 :( event though everyone said its there. May b they are still using xp dats y. ;) . I did this and helped me. Hope it may help someone else as well
Read more 
Answer
+33
moins plus
Hi,

Thanks for the share and hope it definitely helps others and as you said its easier than getting in registry to remove the write protection error.

Regards,

panther- Aug 11, 2012 12:18PM
thanks from India!!!
stf5140- Aug 26, 2012 06:37AM
Thats what I call a solution..thks...
Vijaya- Aug 28, 2012 06:31AM
Thanks buddy... it really helped lot... thanks again..
faridur- Oct 10, 2012 01:54AM
thanks a lot
Pulukkool- Oct 13, 2012 03:58AM
Thanks a lot. Atlast from your suggestion i was able to format my pendrice
This document entitled « Transcend pen drive showing write protected » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.