Problem with folder protector 5.39

Solved/Closed
anpu daut - May 10, 2012 at 04:09 PM
 anpu daut - May 12, 2012 at 02:34 PM
<gras>Hello frends,

i had around 40gb data in my D drive( including a folder named xyz(size = 10 gb), which was protected by folder protector 5.39) i had to empty my D drive to install another operating system, so i just cut the complete contents of D drive( including folder xyz) and pasted in my C drive, its copied 30 gb of data from drive D to drive C, but in last 10gb of data which was folder protected was not copied as it showed a error message.

now drive d has the folder xyz, but the documents inside that are missing. where as the size of folder xyz is 0 bites, but the size of drive D is 10 gb, i have unlocked folder xyz with correct password, but documents inside is missing.

is there any way that i can retrieve my data back....

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 10, 2012 at 04:45 PM
Hello,

Very sticky wicket you have here.

I suggest you try to find and recover your data by using this free but efficient tool:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5003-recuva/

Good luck and let me know.
its done bro
i just searched 4 ma documents with folder name nd got it
thank u
Blocked Profile
May 11, 2012 at 02:21 AM
i am not sure about it brother but its worth trying right click on your folder xyz than click search after that search for those file on by one which were in that folder and before searching go in advance search option and click all the check box make sure all the boxes are checked.
this worked bro
thank you