My monitor has no signal pc beeps 3 times

Closed
delaine iris - Apr 6, 2012 at 04:22 PM
 jot - Jun 28, 2016 at 05:23 PM
Hello,
hey I have a dell dimension 4400 and I just got his new video card called ati radeon 9700 and I opened up my pc and swiched that video card with the old one I had ! and I took the molex connecter ithnk called p7 andi plugged on the side of my video card and closed my computer and plugged everything in and all of a sudden I plug in the power supply and the screen says no signal and the pc beeps three times ! I don't know what that means I mean I haven't touched anything else but the molex connecter ! SOI COULDN'T BE ANY THING ELSE besides the fact I have to get a new power supply!ANYWAY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Apr 6, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Three beeps indicates a video card problem.

The BIOS is unable to access the video system in order to write any error messages to the screen.This is usually caused by a problem with the video card, or the memory on the video card. It can also be a motherboard issue.There are many possible causes for a video card failure. Actual failure of the card itself is relatively rare but does happen. More often, the problem is due to misconfiguration or resource conflicts.Make sure that the video card is tightly and completely inserted into its slot. Try powering down, removing and reinserting the card and then rebooting.

This motherboard uses an AGP type of video card. I hope you didn't try to jam a PCI or PCIe card into the AGP slot. That would probably fry both the card and the motherboard.
yah but everything is plugged in perfectly the video card to it's a little wiggly though! AND I can't reboot cause the screen won't come up? I didn't put the video card in the wrong slot, is there any other suggestions that would help me thankyou!:)
George Chester
Jan 24, 2013 at 02:11 AM
Try to open your computer. There is a battery in the motherboard, then pull it out. Try find that small little button there is in the motherboard. Not far away from the battery. Hold it down for a few seconds, put the battery in. And then try to reboot. It would probaly fix it.
Okay I'll Try! I Hope it dosent' break anything..-.-
change ram