Ask a question Report

My dell inspiron laptop is not starting up.. [Solved/Closed]

Anku - Latest answer on Jul 26, 2013 04:24AM
Hey,
there any one plz give me idea about my problem with my laptop, last night i shut down my laptop properly and the next day evening it was not getting start,battry is ok and it is showing charging but it is nt geting start even without battry...anybuddy can you plz help me???
Read more 
Answer
+134
moins plus
You can try the hard reboot process:
1. remove the battery and power cord
2. push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds
3. restore battery and power cord
4. restart the laptop

This will reset the laptop if it had problems with hibernation.

Good Luck

rits- Apr 15, 2013 10:41PM
gr8!!!! it did work...thanks a ton
cesar- Jun 28, 2013 11:57AM
Really thanks it works on aser laptop :)
Ripnik- Jul 7, 2013 01:06AM
Wow it really worked on my Dad's Laptop.
sathya- Jul 9, 2013 08:54AM
last inight i connected my dell inspiron with lenova laptop with double head usb connector and my dell lap got suddenly off. it is not starting and even my battery is having charge but the power and charger indicator is glowing very dull and poor. please find me a solution to get back my comp............
Twink- Jul 18, 2013 07:19AM
Thank you did the trick for me
Answer
+13
moins plus
Hi dvs,

Please try the below mentioned steps and see if the problem resolves:

1. Connect the AC adapter to a known good power outlet. Check Power LED indicator on AC Adapter with/without plugging into the Notebook.
2. If LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to notebook, the issue is with the motherboard.
3. If the AC Adapter LED is ON, then remove external peripherals, battery, AC Adapter and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to drain Flea power.
4. Plug in the AC Adapter and battery and check if the computer powers on.
Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

khaanam 40Posts Friday November 6, 2009Registration date May 16, 2014Last seen - Jul 18, 2013 08:59AM
plz help me i have same problem i kept my laptop close for some days then after i open it, its power light goes off after 1 or 2 second but starts button light is continiously on green. my laptop model is acer aspire one zg5 aoa 150. kindly guide me i m too worried about my laptop. oh yes i have done the process which u told to sathya it didnt work bcoz my battery also have gone(dead). :( could it b start if i replace old battery with new one and do sathya's process???? may be it will work???
Answer
+7
moins plus
Hi khaanam,

The steps provided to `sathya' and other users are some of the generic troubleshooting steps which you can perform irrespective the system model. However, for steps specific to Acer laptops/desktops, kindly check with Acer Support.

khaanam 40Posts Friday November 6, 2009Registration date May 16, 2014Last seen - Jul 20, 2013 04:09AM
i m greatful sir for ur time, many thanx. i went to acer service center they also said its board problem u r great..:)
khaanam 40Posts Friday November 6, 2009Registration date May 16, 2014Last seen - Jul 20, 2013 04:11AM
they said i have to leave laptop to them for diagonostic reason then they will try to findout the problem and let me know about it. i m confused what to do...
Answer
+3
moins plus
Hi sathya,

1. Remove all external peripherals and power source from the laptop and "Drain Flea Power". To "Drain Flea Power" after removing the AC Adapter and Battery press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
2. Connect the AC Adapter only and power on the computer, observe if you can start the computer normally.

If the problem still persists, please reply with the exact System Model Number of your Dell Laptop and the Model/Make of the "double head usb connector".

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hi khaanam,

You can trust Acer Support and let them diagnose the computer. Indeed the manufacturer support is the best place to get in touch with in a situation like this.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have any further queries.

khaanam 40Posts Friday November 6, 2009Registration date May 16, 2014Last seen - Jul 24, 2013 04:39AM
many thanx i will do it n let u know.
khaanam 40Posts Friday November 6, 2009Registration date May 16, 2014Last seen - Jul 24, 2013 06:15AM
thanx again sir, i went on acer support site i sent my question abt my problem and i have found a solution to flush bios i tried to flush my bios as they guided but invain.... i downloaded my laptops bios and save it in usb as they said then i press and hold fn+esc keys and press start button but nothing happend. i repeated it but no use. :(:( what does it mean.
Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi khaanam,

Please proceed with the suggestions from Acer Support. If possible try calling Acer's technical support for guidance on flushing the BIOS. Note that you should plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

khaanam 40Posts Friday November 6, 2009Registration date May 16, 2014Last seen - Jul 26, 2013 04:24AM
they send nothing but a strange form i dont know what was that i del that n leave. they reply mostly under waranty products, mine is out of warenty. many thanx for ur help i m greatful to u.
This document entitled « My dell inspiron laptop is not starting up.. » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.