Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

How to recover my hidden folder [Solved/Closed]

Tapash - Latest answer on Jan 27, 2013 01:22AM
Hello,
I have instaled free hide folder and hided a file but due to some virus problem I have to format my C drive but my folder was in D drive. Obiously after formating the free hide folder software disappears and I had forgotten to unhide the folder before fomatting. Now I need the folder but cant get it. Please help me to find the folder
Read more 
Answer
+50
moins plus
hi,
Open up the "Control Panel"

Click on "Folder Options"

select the "view" tab

Under "Advanced Settings" you should see "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

Select it, hit apply and you should be good to go.

You may also need to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

then you may proceed for a search.

Math103- Jun 10, 2010 10:42PM
Hi, I want to thank you for the solution, I had the same problem.
Nagendra- Jul 2, 2010 12:34AM
Thank you Dude...

Love you.. i got the solution.
rontdu- Oct 21, 2012 03:21AM
its not working .... would you please tell me that if this procedure not work then what can i do now ?
asad- Nov 16, 2012 01:50AM
Thank you very much
ms- Jan 27, 2013 01:22AM
thank you very much , but i uncheck the operting system files ,
Answer
+19
moins plus
Hello,
I have instaled free hide folder and hided a file but due to some virus problem I have to format my C drive but my folder was in D drive. Obiously after formating the free hide folder software disappears and I had forgotten to unhide the folder before fomatting. Now I need the folder but cant get it. Please help me to find the folder

Answer
+11
moins plus
Click Start/Run,type regedit then press Ok
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advan ced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

Now right click on,and delete the value "CheckedValue" in the right hand window.

Now create a new "DWORD Value" called exactly CheckedValue in the right hand window.
Double click on CheckedValue.
In the opening 'Edit DWORD Value' box,set the 'Value data:' to 1

Press Ok,exit regedit,restart your pc.

master- Apr 25, 2009 02:26AM
i deleted the registry value
and made a new one

however the hidden folder is still hidden

is there a way to restore it ?
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi, I'm afraid you won't be able to recover that folder.

However, if you launch a search in the search box for the name of one of the files contained in the folder, then select this file in the "found entries" list, right-click it and select "go to file location" in the context menu, you might find the entirety of your folder. All you have to do then is copy those files to a new folder on your desktop and voilą !

Only problem is you're gonna need to be using Vista or Windows 7, because XP doesn't feature this "go to file location" entry...

Rajeev- Mar 23, 2010 02:26AM
Hi,
Its not solution for this problem because Drive contain that folder but can't find with any ways.
i required that folder must plz help me.
Answer
+3
moins plus
it works also in windows 7 thanks

This document entitled « how to recover my hidden folder » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.