Samsung HDMI monitor not working

Closed
Sura1811 - Feb 28, 2012 at 09:31 AM
 Sura1811 - Feb 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Hello everyone,

I bought a Samsung HDMI monitor yesterday (model: S22B370H) for my Z68P-DS3 motherboard which has only an HDMI output. The monitor was working fine when connected to my laptop, although with some flickering.
When I connect to the PC, rarely it shows a display till the Windows Startup booting screen, after which it is totally blank. The monitor is recognizing and HDMi input but is not displaying it.
The Samsung warranty guys are clueless, and hopeless. Can you please help me out here??

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 28, 2012 at 01:11 PM
Have you tried to boot into "safe mode"? You hit F8 multiple times right after starting the PC. That should start Windows in the most basic mode. After that you might check refresh rate and screen size to see if they are with-in the range that the monitor accepts.

Good Luck
Hi xpcman,
Yes I tried that too, many times. While in safe mode, it did show the screen but with such an awful flcikering I couldn't do much. I still managed to change the resolution to 1024x768 and the refresh rate was unchangable at 60hz. When I rebooted, the same thing happened, with the screen showing up till the "Starting Windows" logo and then just going off again.

When it goes off, there is no indication that the screen is on, except for the power light...no message, nothing. Could it be a power supply problem? My CPU SMPS is Circle CPH692, I don't know its wattage.