HP 620 Wireless Problem

Closed
Admiral - Feb 24, 2012 at 01:03 PM
 admiral - Mar 1, 2012 at 04:26 AM
Hello,

I've got a HP 620 laptop which runs on windows 7 but ever since I bought the laptop anytime I try to connect with the wireless it pops the message "Windows was unable to connect" and everyone around me connect seamlessly to this same wifi network I'm unable to connect to. Please I need to know how to resolve this. May I add that I can browse with LAN but my problem is with the wireless. Thanks.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 24, 2012 at 01:28 PM
here are many reasons a wireless radio will stop functioning. First and foremost check to ensure your wireless radio switch is turned "on"

If this is the case then ensure you have wireless network drivers installed. (right click my computer, properties, hardware, hardware manager, network adapters)

If it appears to be installed correctly, Try this, Start > Run > type in "services.msc" (without quotes) scroll down the list for "Wireless Zero Configuration" right click, check properties, in the startup ensure it says "automatic" then simply click on "start" Once it's started, right click on your wireless connection icon, select "view available wireless connections" (should still be blank) click on "change advanced settings" then "wireless network" tab and ensure the check box that says "Use windows to configure my wireless settings" is checked...
Apply and OK all and then refresh your wireless network list.

Hope this helps.
thanks for your advice but the problem still exist and it is driving me bizarre