Windows 7 black screen with moving cursor

Solved/Closed
Ton - Feb 7, 2012 at 03:45 PM
 zaki - Jan 8, 2016 at 12:32 AM
Hello,

ok, I am having the same problem as a lot of other people with this.

I am running on a Toshiba Satellite (don't have the model) and I've tried the alt/ctrl/del combo, but the options to start task manager never come up for me. I'm not sure what to do now. any other suggestions?
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 7, 2012 at 03:52 PM
I suggest you try pressing F8 multiple times right after you turn the laptop on. If you can get into the BIOS screen then you have a working computer but a broken Windows OS. Repair instructions vary on what version of Windows you have. If you can't get into the BIOS then you have a failure in the hardware. A 5 or 6 year old laptop is cheaper to replace than to repair.

Good Luck
Thanx xpcman I got my comp back to
I've and working like a charm
There is a much better way.. Like xpc man said you can press f8 until you get it and start system recovery... And you will get your comp as good as new..
yeah ryt ^^
ive triend thins multiple times still not working
when I press f8 button . all thing show up accept repair my computer I really dont know why
sameh6642 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 at 01:45 PM
thank you