IPod dead, shows charging symbol won't charge

Closed
AveryWookster Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 24, 2011 - Dec 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM
 asdfrtyukl - Jul 7, 2013 at 08:38 PM
Hello!

I have an iPod Touch, Second Generation, expired warranty

I bought the iPod off a friend who recently got an iPhone and never really used the iPod anyway. It DID have great battery life.

Recently, I let the battery completely drain to where the iPod would not come on until charged again (as I usually do). I went to charge it like, two weeks later and when plugged into a USB, wall adapter, or iHome it will not charge. The battery with the small red sliver in it and the charging lightning bolt symbol will appear, but it never charges and will not come on even when plugged in. I tried resetting it by holding down both buttons simultaneously but nothing would happen. It will not turn on even when plugged in in this state. I didn't drop it, get it wet, leave it in the sun or anything since it last worked. The battery SHOULDN'T be done in because of age, because neither myself nor my friend used it a whole massive bunch.

Any input would be great! Has anyone had a similar experience? What worked? What didn't? What was suggested?

If there is nothing that can be done, is it likely the battery that needs to be replaced?

Thank you, fellow geeks! (:
Cheers! Avery
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 25, 2011 at 04:51 AM
Greetings,

Apparently you battery is dead, I'll advise to buy another one from an Apple certified shop.

Regards!
I have a fourth gen ipod thats doing the same thing. It wont show up on the devices list in itunes. It was working fine and then it died so I plugged it in. Ive tried the computer, numerous wall chargers and I dont know whats wrong. Please let me know if you fix it!!
same exact problem with my fourth gen.