DVD RW drive will not play dvds

Solved/Closed
trina81 - Dec 17, 2011 at 06:06 PM
 anna - Feb 19, 2013 at 07:21 PM
Hi I have a problem, I recently uninstalled and reinstalled avg last week, I would do a restore but my restore only goes back to the 16th, I don't think it would help anyway. My dvd rw drive will not play dvds or dvd software, but it will play audio cds, ive checked device manager as far as that is concerned my drive is fine, I had the same problem when I uninstalled Norton but I got help on the phone for that, and it turned out it was a key I needed to get rid of and then restart the laptop and that worked, Problem is I can't remember what I have to do after I go into regedit, and not sure what key I need to get rid of. I need some help on what to do with it, My os is windows 7, Home Premium x64
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.

My DVD Rom wont play DVDs I don't have the internet so I cant get help on there, it will play CDs and games but not a DVD when I put a dvd in I can hear it spinning or whatever but the light under it don't flash or anything. Also I can't burn cds or dvds on my cd burner. Help please.