Reset my toshiba laptop to factory settings

Closed
kazza - Dec 5, 2011 at 05:58 AM
 Anonymous User - Dec 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Hello,

My laptop was infected with a virus, 'ramnit', and although I seemed to have got rid of it through various scans, I have read on the net that it would have still left my computer vunerable and it would be best to restore the laptop. The only thing I didnt want to lose were all my photos, but unforunately I think the virus infected them all :( as when I ran the scan and it removed the virus I could no longer open my photos on Kodak. O well.

anyways, I have found the 2 discs I created when I first bought the laptop. So can someone give me a step to step (dummy style) method to restore my laptop using these.

Many many thanks for any help offered.

Kaz

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 5, 2011 at 08:35 AM
Check this

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7C02140000R01.htm

RAMinit doesnt infect any photos.See if you can open them on a different PC.

RAMINIT virus infects only DLL,exe and html files.
aww really! When I done the virus scan, it showed hundreds of items with 'kodak' in the name, when i tried to click on kodak it wouldnt open and gave an error message saying it was removed (or something like that). As it was working before I done that scan I just assumed it was the virus and uninstalled kodak because I couldnt get into it :( Feel like crying now, so many photots/memories gone!! I'm so stupid, should've came here first before doing anything!

Many thanks for the link, i've printed it off and will run through it tonight on my laptop. It looks straightforward enough.

Thanks again,
Kaz
Anonymous User
Dec 5, 2011 at 10:18 AM
You are welcome

I dont recommend any removal methods for raminit infection.
a system restore to factory settnigs should be enough to rid off it shouldnt it?? have no idea where we got it from :(
Anonymous User
Dec 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Yes

This virus spreads through flash drives