Computer boots but no response on monitor??

Closed
oreoholic Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2011 - Nov 28, 2011 at 04:19 PM
PETERFRITZ Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2011 - Dec 7, 2011 at 09:18 PM
Hi,
Got back home after a few days and tried turning on my computer. First thing I noticed was that the monitor didnt flash or change or anything at all to show that it was receiving any signal from the desktop. Checked the plug, made sure it was ok, and then noticed that one of the fans was grinding. Found out it was the graphic card, so I pulled it out, checkeed it over, removed all the dust from the fan, put it back, and it sounded normal again. Turned the computer back on, and the monitor still hasnt shown anything other than its standby screen. I took out the graphic card again, and tried plugging into the onboard, but still same thing. Could this be the motherboard itself or something on the motherboard? Just wanted to find out any standard solutions that might work, because fry's apparently charges $70 just for diagnostics. Ive also tried different cables, and my tv, but none seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks.
Related:

1 response

PETERFRITZ Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 at 09:18 PM
hi,
Try this..it works evrytime for me...i am an IT Grad in thePhils.
Just want to share my experience.

if your computer boots ok.
if all the fans is doing well.
and all connections are checked ok...

sometimes it is caused by the dust and constant heat inside the unit
that causes it to moisten and cause dust to block connections...

Turn off your computer.unplug the main cord first.(safety first)
open your pc then pull out the ram and try cleaning the ram slot with a paint brush clean it thoroughly.and also the ram with a pencil eraser...
and detach the DVD/CDROM and the Floppy Disk Drive...
and then after cleaning the ram slot and the ram..put it back together..then check the 2 yellow and 2 black wires near the cpu...if it is connectd properly.
dont put back the DVD/CDROM and FLoppy Drive yet..just the memory..

Then put all your connections back the mouse and the keyboard and the VGA and power cord must be checked if properly connected.

Then Turn on your PC..

it works every time here for us..hope this works..for more help just email me at Email Id remove for security