Okay, my Gateway NV53A laptop will not boot.

Closed
crazypsk Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2011 - Nov 22, 2011 at 02:37 PM
 Anonymous User - Nov 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Hello everyone, I understand since it is near a holiday that it might take a while to receive an answer, nevertheless any answer is greatly appreciated.

So a couple of days ago my laptop was running a little sloppy so I shut it down for awhile and about 3 hours later I tried to boot my laptop and I wouldn't boot. Every time I try it either stays at the windows 7 loading screen or on a black screen. So my question is a 2 pronged question: Is this a internal hardware problem, or is it some program/registry/virus issue? And how to fix this? I really don't have any one at the moment as I just payed bills and bought food for thanksgiving dinner, but I do realize that I might have to pay somebody.

So thanks for reading and hope everyone has a great holiday.

2 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 22, 2011 at 03:53 PM
Unplug your AC cord,remove your battery,press the power button for a minute.Plug in the ac cord and power on the PC.If pc boots up then shutdown it again and insert the battery

If that doesnt work,let me know if you can boot into safemode
crazypsk Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2011
Nov 25, 2011 at 04:51 PM
It didn't work, it just stayed on the windows loading screen. I tried booting in safemode and that didnt work
Anonymous User
Nov 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Try to repair your PC

If you have an inbuilt recovery console try this

https://ccm.net/faq/1777-repairing-vista-at-startup