Good connection, browser won't display page

Closed
Frustrated - Nov 1, 2011 at 09:32 PM
 Anonymous User - Nov 3, 2011 at 02:16 AM
Hello,

Running Windows 7 / Firefox 7.0.1 and suddenly internet stops working. First my router had some issue broadcasting the network - sorted that out. Now two computers in my house work perfectly (along with droid and nook) but my laptop will not display any web pages - doesn't matter whether I'm using IE or Firefox or Chrome. Simply gives me a blank page. Uninstalled Comodo no change. Checked for malware and it removed a couple of problems, but still no joy. I still have internet access on my laptop, Skype works fine, but just can't load any pages at all. Help if you can - it will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Hi,

Disable proxy and change your ip to automatic settings instead of manual and provide your feedback.

Thanks
Had already disabled proxy. Changed ip also. Nothing worked. Any more ideas...
Thanks.
Anonymous User
Nov 2, 2011 at 09:43 AM
//Checked for malware and it removed a couple of problems,//

Can you post the log

Did you check if your browsers work in safemode with networking?

Do you have folder called c:/windows/system64?(ignore it if you dont have one)

go to startmenu and type

UAC and press enter

Now select to '' never notify'' ,can you browse then?
Can't post log - can not retrieve it. Had some malware on there now quarantined.

Tried browser in safe mode - didn't work.

Have a folder called c:/windows/system32

Tried UAC and never notify, still nothing.

This problem persists across all browsers - still looking for answers if anyone has anything.

Thanks for your help.
Anonymous User
Nov 3, 2011 at 02:16 AM
Run a full scan with malwarebytes

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Download this

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

select all the boxes and run it>> a text file should pop up.Copy the contents and post it here