My Creative Zen mp3 player won't turn on

Solved/Closed
ZenOwner13 - Sep 30, 2011 at 08:15 AM
gudguy1a Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2013 - Nov 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Hello,

So I have had my zen player for about 2 1/2 years with no problems until last night. I was charging the zen player with my computer and then I realized I had to leave so, in a hurry, I shut down my computer with my zen player still plugged in. I didn't realize it until I came home. When I unplugged it I tried to turn it on but nothing happens. The power on light doesn't come on and the screen is black. I've never shut down my computer with my zen plugged in so I don't know how damaging it is or if that is even the reason why its not working. Could anyone give me some insight?

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Will I lose my music library when I reset?
gudguy1a Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
This is for Sundar7701 and anyone else.

Be sure that you are all aware - some of the Creative Labs MP3 players "ARE NOT" compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1...
I know first hand because I upgraded my PC & laptop at first to Win 8 and then recently to 8.1.
Creative Centrale which is used to manage the files and playlists on the MP 3 player will not be recognized at all - no matter what you attempt to do.
--- Windows File Explorer however, actually does recognize the MP 3 player as a file storage device - but it does not do any playlist management.

I "did" contact Creative Labs, their response:
"they have no plans to update or patch the Creative Centrale firmware to work with Win 8 / 8.1"

Soooo, if you do plan to buy any of their players (my recommendation is that you do not) - be sure your PC/laptop is compatible with whatever MP 3 player you plan to purchase.

Mine is a X-Fi2 and there is no updated Creative Centrale firmware available in order to have the player work with Win 8 / 8.1...