Inspiron one 23 restore factory setting

Closed
Jen - Sep 27, 2011 at 01:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 24, 2014 at 01:07 PM
Hello,

I have a insiron one 23 (dell) and no cd drive and I want to restore my computer back to when I got it and no restore dates exsist. I cant get the cd to play....it is not even showing up under my computer. I did the upper and lower delete thing already....what can I do, please?

Jen

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 27, 2011 at 04:22 AM
Dear Jen,

What is the upper and lower thing? I don't understand the "thing" part.

Here is what a Dell technician says to restore your machine to factory setting for Windows 7. (All Dell and HP have a recovery partition most often located on "D" drive.)

Let me know if it works

1.Start the computer.

2.As the computer starts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

3. Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.

4.Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7.In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.

9.Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10.When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK ??? how can you type a /contents/34-passwords when you dont know it
i cant get passed this step

Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2014 at 01:07 PM
You must know the administrator pasword. If you do not, then you cannot log in as admin.