Can't open and exe files/desktop programs

Solved/Closed
Corder91 - Sep 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM
 Corder91 - Sep 27, 2011 at 03:11 PM
Hello,
Three days ago, I downloaded a software so I could use my ps3 controller to play games on my controller. Ever since that point, I have not been able to open any use exe files on my computer. I have tried to uninstall the program but my computer will not allow me to access the program. I have tried numerous times to run a scan with Malwarbytes and Avast! but I also cannot ask these programs as well. My computer is basically useless at this point because I just can't get any programs to run. Any help for my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 26, 2011 at 03:59 PM
@Corder91

It would be very helpful also if you would care to let us know what software was installed and from which site you got it from.

Thanks
Sorry for the wait. I have been extremely busy with college work and have now just found the time to reply back. I followed your instructions step by step and nothing worked. The registry fix did not do anything, nor was I able to get Malwarebytes to open using your method. However, I was able to do a system restore, which corrected my issue. Apparently my registry was corrupted but thanks to the system restore, my computer is now running fine. Thanks for your help.
Anonymous User
Sep 27, 2011 at 09:21 AM
Hi ,happy to hear that your issue has been solved.

Now let us know the name of the software which you installed

.Did you face any errors while running the registry fix?
I did not face any errors running the registry fix, however, the registry fix did not seem to make any difference to my system. The program that I installed that I believe caused me the issues is called xpadder. It is a program that is supposed to emulate a mouse and/or keyboard using a controller or joystick.
Anonymous User
Sep 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Run this registry fix

https://authentification.site/files/30485145/exe_fix_w7.reg

SIMPLE TIP:

HOW TO RUN MALWAREBYTES WHEN YOUR EXE ASSOCIATIONS DOESNT WORK

Step 1:

Right click on your malwarebytes icon and run as administrator

Step 2:

Open your C drive,go to Organize-folder and search options-view tab-uncheck 'hide extension for known file types ''

Now Rename your mbam.exe to mbam.com ,run it

Step 3:

Right click on your desktop

New-Text document

Open the text document and type this

cmd.exe

Save it as .bat extension,for eg

File name:corder.bat
Save as type:All types

Now right click on the created bat file and run as administrator

A command prompt windows opens,now copy and run these commands one by one

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware