Windows xp 2 install in blue screen error

Solved/Closed
swapnil - Sep 2, 2011 at 06:22 AM
 Tayyab - Oct 5, 2015 at 09:47 AM
Hello,
dear sir, I purchased sony vaio e series vpceb34en with windows 7 home basic(64-bit)
and my prob is
i want to install windows xp in my laptolp .
will u please help me...
thank you sir,
Related:

7 responses

Anonymous User
Sep 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Hi,

Here are steps on how you can install xp on pre installed win 7.
First.
On the Setup of your bios.
Choose the ATA instead of AHCI on the SATA configuration..
then now apply the changes. then insert your cd on the cd rom. make sure you have chosen the cd as your first boot device.

Read this FAQ for more informations:
https://ccm.net/faq/11459-downgrading-from-windows-7-to-xp

Good Luck!
but bios not show the ata prot pls help me same problem in my laptop
Tons of thanks !!!!
Genius!!! Thank you!!!
I used the steps below and it worked!!! THANK YOU!!! Bionik!!

" Here are steps on how you can install xp on pre installed win 7.
First.
On the Setup of your bios.
Choose the ATA instead of AHCI on the SATA configuration..
then now apply the changes. then insert your cd on the cd rom. make sure you have chosen the cd as your first boot device."
Thanks for kind information
sir
I am alwase download sata driver but I cant install xp in my Sony vaio e series VPCEB34EN PLS HELP AS.
Anonymous User
Dec 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM
@ Taracker

The ultimate solution is by using OEM Windows XP CD which comes with your system, which usually has built-in appropriate driver for S-ATA harddisks running in AHCI mode. However, if you lose or do not have the OEM XP CD, or is given Windows 7 DVD but decide to downgrade to XP, there are 2 options to install XP from scratch.

You can also update the BIOS from HCL official website if they permit it and maybe you'll have the ATA/AHCI option in your BIOS.

Warning:
Make sure to obtain the BIOS upgrade software from a reliable source. Downloading a BIOS from sources other than the manufacturer's web site is risky. For example, versions from the same BIOS software developer for one manufacturer's motherboard may not work on a different manufacturer's motherboard. Using the wrong BIOS or version might "brick" the board, thereby requiring either a BIOS replacement or reprogramming of the BIOS by the manufacturer and rendering the computer unable to boot until that is done.

Make sure the electrical power source is reliable when flashing a BIOS. Any sizable fluctuation or loss of power during a flash process can corrupt the BIOS. Therefore, never power down or reset a PC when flashing the BIOS. If flashing the BIOS from a booted OS, first disable all unnecessary applications and background processes.

Avoid updating the BIOS unless you know exactly what you are doing. Failure to follow a manufacturer's directions and precautions may corrupt the BIOS as well

Good Luck!
If you don't know where you go, get back where you come.......
since your machine have no option in bios to ATA,SATA HCI. Goto sony website and download the sata driver for your machine. then integrate the driver using nLite.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I choose ICE instead of ACHI and it works....thanks
invisible crown Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2013
Oct 6, 2013 at 08:49 AM
SATA native mode is disabled in my machine.Still I am getting the same error.
Please help me
denisehilt0n Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2015
Aug 16, 2015 at 09:07 AM
before install window my screen is blue show how to solve plz help