Restoring HP Mini 2140

Closed
JenGossman - Aug 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM
I cannot get ANY help from HP because this item is out of warranty. I want to restore my unit to the factory settings - please give me step by step guide.

Tapping F11 does not work.

If I need to download anything to a flash drive - what do I need to download?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Aug 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Here are the HP instructions:
Recovering
In case of system failure, use the f11 recovery tool to recover your original hard drive image.
NOTE: The image includes the Windows operating system and software programs installed at the factory.
CAUTION: Using f11 completely erases hard drive contents and reformats the hard drive. All files you have created and any software installed on the computer are permanently removed. The f11 recovery
tool reinstalls the operating system and HP programs and drivers that were installed at the factory.
Software not installed at the factory must be reinstalled. Personal files must be restored from a backup.
1. If possible, back up all personal files.
2. If possible, check for the presence of the HP Recovery partition. To find the partition, click Start,
and then click Computer.
NOTE: If the HP Recovery partition has been deleted, you will need to recover your operating
system and programs using the Windows Vista Operating System and the Driver Recovery discs
(purchased separately). For additional information, contact technical support.
3. Turn on or restart the computer, and then press esc while the "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu"
message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
4. Press f11 while the "Press <F11> for recovery" message is displayed on the screen.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

This is a link to the full HP instruction PDF:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01658655/c01658655.pdf

Good Luck