Startup repair Aspire 5742z-4685

Closed
Nettie - Aug 9, 2011 at 02:18 AM
 Anonymous User - Sep 3, 2011 at 04:42 AM
Hello,

I turned my working computer off last night only to return in the morning to have it tell me I did not shut down correctly (but I did). I followed screen instructions and let it start with repairs, but this only lead me to the windows screen for repairing and then the cycle began...one window back to the other and then the startup repair which ran for over 12 hours and still nothing. I have no clue what the problem is...Is it windows or is it acer...please advise.

Forgot to say that I am running Windows 7... or at least trying to
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Restart your PC and press F8 when initial screen loads,check if you can enter the advance start menu

If yes,try to boot PC into safemode or last known good configuration and do a system restore
I got it to go into F8 and selected safemode which only took me back to the same repair screen...then after a couple of hours I did F8 again and tried the advanced option of last known good configuration and it took me back to the repair window....that is part of the cycle...
Anonymous User
Aug 9, 2011 at 03:18 PM
Insert your windows 7 OS dvd and try repairing
I don't have Windows 7 OS er would alsway disks...when I tried making them the computer would say there was an error and spit the disk out. I lost several brand new disk this way.

I am on a netbook at the moment...is there a way to make Windows 7 OS disk from this netbook that I can use on my laptop? If so, please kindly list the steps and needed equipment.

At the moment I am still letting it run the startup repair from last night's post. I read in another thread that it might take a couple of days so I'm trying it as a solution (trying everything...)
Still running ...and nothing...HELP
Created a disk from a friend's computer. No luck. Looping continues. Will have to chalk this one up and get a new laptop...a little put out since this one is not even a year old.
Anonymous User
Sep 3, 2011 at 04:42 AM
Hello Nettie,

I have an Acer 5738Z and there is a hidden recovery partition. You can access to this partition by pressing the "F10" during the boot but it will delete all your data and recover your laptop to it factory settings!

Did you try this fix?