Inspiron 1545 Vista sp2 bluetooth not working

Solved/Closed
jeep71 - Jul 25, 2011 at 02:45 PM
RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 - Jul 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Hello,

My hard drive crashed in my Dell Inspiron 1545. I replaced the drive and re-installed Vista SP2 and all the current drivers. Bluetooth Devices icon is listed in the control panel, but it is unable to locate any devices. My BlackBerry can locate the Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth module but is unable to pair. Is there an additional patch or switch setting that needs to be installed or updated?
I installed the drivers from the Dell support site. Now when I go back to reinstall the 645 Bluetooth drivers, I get a message back that my current driver is newer than what I am trying to download.
The wireless radio is ON, as I use a wireless network connection.

Related:

1 response

RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 120
Jul 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.