Connected but no internet access

Solved/Closed
jason - Updated on Dec 14, 2018 at 04:44 AM
 brandont04 - Feb 4, 2019 at 08:54 AM
Hello,

I am using Windows 7. It says I am connected but I don't have internet access.

Please help me.

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 533.1
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Dec 14, 2018 at 08:51 AM
Hello,
  • 1- Right click on "Internet Explorer" icon, then click on Properties. Click on Connections tab, then click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the options, if you notice any option selected, Click on OK. If the problem still exists, go to step 2.
  • 2- Make sure that IP address and DNS server are set to obtain the address automatically.
    • Click on Start. In search bar, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right click on your Network icon. Select Properties, scroll down and double click on Internet Protocol[TCP/IP]. Make sure that "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" options are selected.
  • 3. Click on Start. In search bar type
    devmgmt.msc
    and press Enter. Type this command
    ipconfig /all
    and press Enter. Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers are having addresses.
  • 4. Check your firewall (try to turn it off to see if it helps).
  • 5. Try to deactivate your antivirus to see if it helps. If you have McAfee, uninstall and reinstall it.

Note from Shahab1210: Click on Start. In search bar, type
ncpa.cpl
and press Enter. Right click on your Network icon. Select Properties, scroll down and double click on Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], set your "Preferred DNS Server" to
(Google) or
(OpenDNS).

Good Luck!
shahab1210 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 21, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2011 2
Updated on Apr 17, 2020 at 05:34 AM
Thanks jack4rall for your complete answer

After doing 4 steps above (if it doesn't work) do this :

Click on Start --> In search bar type ncpa.cpl and press "Enter".
Right click on your Network icon ---> Select "Properties" ---> scroll down
and double click on "Internet Protocol[TCP/IP]", set your "Preferred DNS Server" to 4.2.2.4

When it finished, you should reconnect, the changes will be applied after that ;)
Regards
Thanks for saving a lot of time. That worked perfectly