Dell Inspiron 1525 shuts down AC Power

Closed
Eroxri - Jul 16, 2011 at 09:44 PM
Eroxri Posts 7 Registration date Saturday July 16, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 20, 2011 - Jul 18, 2011 at 05:28 PM
Hello,

I am just having the worst trouble with my Dell Inspiron 1525, last night when i plugged it in to charge, i left it running because it was uploading some photos to my Facebook, but it was set to sleep after 30 minutes. Well i fell asleep last night, and when i woke up i tried turning on my laptop but it refused to turn on. I looked on Google, and saw some forums that told me to remove the battery, and hold the power button, and it turned on after that, but it was about to die, and when i plugged it into AC Power, it shut off. I tried turning it on while connected to AC Power, and it refused to turn on. I am currently on vacation by the way, and i left the hotel i am staying in, and i came back. The laptop will hold a charge, but it refuses to turn on, or stay powered on with AC Power. I can not find a forum that can help me, so i am just gonna post my problem here. Any help you can give is appreciated.
I also am out of warranty, if i am not mistaken, because this laptop is about 2 or 3 years old. This is the first time this has happened, and i never expected it to happen to me. If you could please help me that would be appreciated. Thanks

-Brandon
Related:

1 response

Eroxri Posts 7 Registration date Saturday July 16, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 20, 2011 6
Jul 18, 2011 at 05:28 PM
Update: It will not charge when my laptop screen is open, but it will charge and attempt to turn on when my laptop is closed. When it is opened and the battery isn't charged it gives me a blinking orange light, that was never there before.

Please help.