Ask a question Report

Bios password remove [Solved/Closed]

santosh - Latest answer on Jun 6, 2010 09:58AM
Hello,
i have a leenovo laptop.i am forgotten my bios password.how i am bios password remove.my o.s. win xp-s-2.
Read more 
Answer
+12
moins plus
Hello,

Press F2 when your pc boot then go to your bios configuration and remove all password..

Otherwise i think that your can reset your motherboard.

ahmed djemun - Feb 22, 2010 02:20PM
i for got my toshiba satellite sm30-107 matherpoard passwoad
Gau- Nov 2, 2009 02:57AM
Hello
I want to Remove My Bios Pass Word (sony Vaio)
viazhu- Mar 25, 2010 06:13PM
me also i want to remove bios administrator password teher is no way to reset it bios locked usb-hdd-dvdromm i cant access to bios seting also
viazhu- Mar 25, 2010 06:16PM
compaq 6930p i have i cant use it i removed battery one week system has occured error 500 and again bios password ,led shift and numlock ligthing when dvdroomm running,it's bloking,it make me crazyyy
imran- Apr 21, 2010 06:36AM
i want to remove wipro wivnb7710e bios password
Answer
+11
moins plus
1. Go to Lenovo website
2. Download Bios update
3. HOpefuly it will give you the option to
put the files on a CD, like Phoenix tech
does.

4. Good luck, im curious if it will work for
you, let me know. email Email Id removed for security

Peace

Answer
+10
moins plus
Lenovo T61 requires a specific software that only IBM got access too, it will
cost you about 55$ to make them remove it for you.

Nothing like remove the Bios battery will work.

The theory with the jumper under the DIMM is for PowerON password, not Bios.

Answer
+6
moins plus
if you have bios update then flash the bios
lenovo laptops doesn't want bios password for flashing
after flashing your bios password will get removed

Answer
+5
moins plus
English SOLUTION: open the computer, look for a 3 wire jumper called JCMOS, see that the jumper is located in 2 of the wires, take the jumper off and change the location of the jumper to the first wire and the middle one, then take it off again and put it like it was at the begining, that's it! Bios pass it's gone!

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi,

You can try this, i did it and it worked. You must be conversant with hardware to do this.i have two option of which i have tried one.

Solution 1.
Open you computer and try to locate where the BIOS Jumper is located, then remove it boot the machine without the jumper and the shut-it down, insert the jumper and boot again you will be able to access you BIOS setting without it requesting a password. Personally i haven't tried this.

Solution 2.
Remove the battery for some minutes (lets say 5 minutes) to drain out the power in the machine then power-on the machine but connect it to a source of power, don't insert the battery.If it doesn't work try this one out, i am very optimist it will because i have tried it myself.

Open the computer and try to locate where the CMOS Battery is (it looks like a very big watch battery), remove battery and then switch or power-on the machine without the battery. Then shut-down the machine and insert the battery (should be very careful in both removing and inserting the battery), then power on the machine this time if you decide to go to BIOS setup,. it wont ask for the password.

But i think you'll have to set the time/date in your BIOS.

Thank you
``````````

Answer
+1
moins plus
flashing the bios worked for me

Answer
+0
moins plus
how can i remove bios password i forget password on hcl laptop

dipak- Dec 16, 2009 09:51AM
Hi

can you please help me i have forget the bois password on HCL laptop and i am un able to login.

Please help

Deepak Shetty
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi Dude,
Download and burn to CD - Hiren's BootCD 9.9
Start PC and press F8 (or F10) to bring BootMenu
Boot from CD (Hiren's BootCD 9.9) and start
BIOS Pass Remover - That's All :)
Enjoy!

Ahmed.com- Jul 26, 2009 09:38AM
still can't open bios password,,, u give solution like that. so any more solution again!!? please... the people said, that if u open bios password u must be give service tag number on ur laptop model,,, n than u get master password,,, so what can i do again ? give me the best solutions... thank u
Answer
+0
moins plus
i have an laptop having bios password it never refer me to have any setting in it please give me solution.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello bushwalker,

I have an T61 - but I don't see the two tracks that need to bridged...
Can You send me a picture or does't T61 have this two tracks?

Thaks.
Dominik

Answer
+0
moins plus
Ok I had the same problem on my Acer laptop. What I did is download the latest bios from the Acer. Did the flash bios update & it worked a treat. Thay may solve your problem.

Answer
+0
moins plus
bought dell e6400 online unfortunatley it was pass worded thinking of selling it for parts but doubt i,ll get back what i paid for it ,need. some freindly advice ,tried cmos removal for 3 months sick of looking at it at this stage .is their any thing i can do with it seemed to be a shame to break it for parts as its very new looking thanx

This document entitled « bios password remove » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.