Choose a program to open with appears

Solved/Closed
kidindesperateneedofhelp - May 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM
 kidindesperateneedofhelp - May 29, 2011 at 09:07 PM
Hello,

Today while I was browsing the net, my anti-virus software told me that I had some trojan issues on my computer and it wanted me to quarintine it. I did, and after that, everytime I click on something like Microsoft or Internet Explorer, ect, it asks me to choose a program in which to open it with. It never asks me that before! And now, whenever I choose a program (like Internet Explorer with Internet Explorer) it keeps sending me in an endless loop of "You are sure you want to do this?" "Choose a program in which to open this!" "Are you sure you want to do this?" etc. What am I supposed to do? Everything else seems to be working fine, I just can't open anything!!!

Please help!

Related:

2 responses

Hi!
your computer having this symptoms due to a Autorun virus.Please use a autorun blocker updated antivirus like-Avira,avast.

please reply if your problem solved or not!
kidindesperateneedofhelp
May 29, 2011 at 09:07 PM
I think my problem is solved now :) Thank you so much for the help, but it turned out to be a broken EXE association.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 29, 2011 at 02:24 PM
Hello,
Let me know your Operating System.
Good Luck