I can't install windows xp in sony laptop

Solved/Closed
sudha - May 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
sweetafridi Posts 3 Registration date Sunday January 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2014 - Jan 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM
dear sir,

my name is sudha,

i purchased sony vaio vpceb34en with windows 7, when iam installed windows xp it will shows blues screen and it will says the hard disk is not support to install please close another program and shut down ur system...

then what should I do...plz help me sir,

thank you sir,
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
May 24, 2011 at 02:29 AM
--
If you don't know where you go, get back where you come.......Hi,

Here are the steps on how you can install xp on pre installed win 7.
First.
On the Setup of your BIOS,
Choose the ATA instead of AHCI on the SATA configuration..
then now apply the changes. then insert your cd on the cd rom. make sure you have chosen the cd as your first boot device.

Read this FAQ for more informations:
https://ccm.net/faq/11459-downgrading-from-windows-7-to-xp

Good Luck!
in my bios, no selecting ata and ahci on the sata configuration thats why I could not install the xp
sweetafridi Posts 3 Registration date Sunday January 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2014
Jan 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM
i have the same problem appear while installing windows xp. I have tried to change the bios settings. but there is no option of ahci availlable than what will I do to install windows xp
Anonymous User
May 24, 2011 at 07:46 AM
Hi,

If you do not have the option you need to update the BIOS from Sony Vaio official website:
https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpceb34en

Warning:
Make sure to obtain the BIOS upgrade software from a reliable source. Downloading a BIOS from sources other than the manufacturer's web site is risky. For example, versions from the same BIOS software developer for one manufacturer's motherboard may not work on a different manufacturer's motherboard. Using the wrong BIOS or version might "brick" the board, thereby requiring either a BIOS replacement or reprogramming of the BIOS by the manufacturer and rendering the computer unable to boot until that is done.

Make sure the electrical power source is reliable when flashing a BIOS. Any sizable fluctuation or loss of power during a flash process can corrupt the BIOS. Therefore, never power down or reset a PC when flashing the BIOS. If flashing the BIOS from a booted OS, first disable all unnecessary applications and background processes.

Avoid updating the BIOS unless you know exactly what you are doing. Failure to follow a manufacturer's directions and precautions may corrupt the BIOS as well

Good Luck!