Screen goes black for about a second

Closed
Jade - May 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - May 25, 2011 at 08:22 AM
Hello,
I've just had and 8400gs graphics card fitted in my computer, so the VGA now goes to the graphics card since this my screen goes black for a about a second then comes back on. It does this at random times and i was just wondering if anyone has a solution Thanks

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 20, 2011 at 03:04 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Try updating the drivers.

2) If the problem still exists then check your screen refresh rate. For more

information, click on the below link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Make sure you have set the right refresh rate. You can find all the information

in the below link

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12756_ca/12756_ca.PDF

Refer to "Maximum Refresh Rate" in the above manual.

[Note : Don't cross the limit set for your monitor as it would lead to an unsusable

display or damaged the hardware. ]

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply I am currently trying another driver update from Nvidia to see if this might fix the problem, my screen refresh rate is at 60
Even though I have installed 2 more drivers this problem still continues..
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 25, 2011 at 08:22 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) Since you are using a Graphic Card, go to BIOS --> Load default settings --> Disable "Onboard VGA" --> Set first boot device as "Hard disk" ---> Save the settings and exit from BIOS.
2)If the problem still exists then check your screen resolution.
3) If the problem still exists then check in the safe mode.
When you switch ON your laptop, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the F8 key)
Select "Safe Mode".
Check if you still getting the same problem in the safe mode or not. If the problem still exists then
click on Start --> In search box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
"Device Manager" will be opened. Expand the "Display adapter" by double click on it or by clicking on the "+" symbol. Now right-click the Nvidia which is found under display adapter --> select the option uninstall. After uninstallation, restart your PC and get into the normal mode.
I will be detecting the drivers. Now again Start --> In search box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. "Device Manager" will be opened. Expand the "Display adapter" and update the driver.
Set your screen resolution correctly. If the problem still exists then try installing the Nvidia drivers
once again.
Good Luck