HDMI doesnt show up as playback optional

Solved/Closed
Grimm - May 18, 2011 at 08:45 PM
 g6pd - May 4, 2019 at 09:46 AM
Hello,
I've been reading through all of your forum questions and have not found my problem solved yet, so I'll try asking. I've been watching movies on my laptop but playing through an HDMI cable on my tv, laptop sound worked on tv for the last month but doesn't now. I have tried going through control panel and changing speaker option to "HDMI" but the option to choose HDMI was not there. Then I right clicked my speaker in bottom right corner and clicked on "playback devices" and again the HDMI option was not there. It just has "Speakers: Realtek High Defintion Audio" and "Realtek Digital Output". Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

1 response

I had to disable the Intel Display Audio driver under Device Manager / sound, video ..., restart the computer, and then re-enable it. This caused the playback device to appear in the playback devices list (control panel / sound / audio devices), and then select it.
vivi.s8 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 31, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 31, 2016
Dec 31, 2016 at 04:43 AM
I need to to the same, only click on "sleep" and then wake up, not restarting, but still hassle to do it on daily base, or even more time daily as when my PC locks the screen, the HDMI device from sounds disappear (both SHOW DISABLE & DISCONNECTED DEVICES are switched on).
I am afraid it will cause some issues to my PC in long term. Hope to hear some permanent solution from any of you.
Ta
Yes, It worked. But I have to "sleep" the computer and then wake up like vivi.s8 said.