Due date reminder in excel 07

Solved/Closed
suryam - May 8, 2011 at 01:40 AM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Sep 18, 2013 at 07:27 AM
Hello,
dear all. I have a "credit list" worksheet having the details like. 1) date 2) invoice number 3) name of beneficiary 4) total amount 5)paid cash 4)discount and 5) net pay in a row ( side by side columns)
I will enter these details on a daily basis one below the other on datewise.
when I raise an invoice , I will enter all these info for quick view of the status of credit given to clients. In principle, we will give credit for 15 days. I mean they must repay their outstanding within 15 days.
my question is : if a particular invoice due date has reached 13 days , I must get some alert ,something like colour change or whatever it may be in a new sheet and also these rows must be recorded(copied) in that new sheet so that I can contact the guys for collection arrangement. how to do this?
one thing , a beneficiery might have several invoices. so I must get alerted of the invoices whose due date is nearing.
pls help me. thanks suryam

Related:

4 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
May 8, 2011 at 06:52 AM
suppose data is there from A2 down

select A2
click format(menu bar)-conditional formatting
in that window
under condition 1
choose
"the formula is "
in the right hand side window type

=TODAY()-A2>13
click format in the middle row of this window
in the format cells window
click "pattern" the last item at the top
choose a color
click ok
again click ok
now again select A1 -edit-copy
select A3 down and edit-pastespecial-format
click ok

some dates will be in that color and those rows are relevant
dates more than 13 days will be in red.
hi, thanks very much for your helpful and useful quick response. I appreciate your work.thanks again. bye suryam
the solution is not so clear.
As I require to put reminder for the whole column
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Sep 18, 2013 at 07:27 AM
sam Sep 18, 2013 05:27AM
the solution is not so clear.
As I require to put reminder for the whole column
unquogte
mi reply was to Suryam.
it would be better practics instead askiing aquestion in somebody else's' thread, to open a a new thread and again explain. Suryam appears to have been satsified with my solution