No sound, No Audio Device

Solved/Closed
Garthy - Apr 25, 2011 at 02:50 AM
 Anonymous User - Apr 25, 2011 at 04:53 AM
Hello,

I am currently running a dell System sx280 on XP and have lost all sound. When I look in Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices - it states No Audio Device. This has only just stopped working so not sure if something has been deleted in error. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Garthy

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 25, 2011 at 03:17 AM
Hi,

Go to the link below, enter your model and download the audio driver of your computer. Install it after the download and see if the problem still exist:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&catid=3&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_SX280&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

Good Luck!
Thanks for the quick response. Did just that and downloaded the DellDriverDownloadManager.application but that comes up with an error box saying "there are are no files to download. Please go to Drivers and Downloads and select file(s)" Although I don't exactly know where Driver & Downloads is?!" Thanks again
Anonymous User
Apr 25, 2011 at 03:57 AM
You don't need to download the Delldriverdownloadmanager.

Follow these steps:

Operating system-> Windows XP
Category-> Audio

Then scroll down the page, you'll see the audio driver then click on "Download".
Unless I'm doing something wrong, Then

Operating system-> Windows XP
Category-> Audio

leads to a download link which automatically downloads the DellDriverDownloadManager.application.

The option it gives me is a ADI198x Integrated Audio version 5.12.01.4060, A17 but when I try and download it I get the DellDriverDownloadManager.application!!

If there's any other place to get it which you know of let me know and I'll try that site instaead. Many thanks
Anonymous User
Apr 25, 2011 at 04:33 AM
Beautiful, mate - just the ticket! God bless you, son.