Reboot loop/unknown partition/unknown error!

Solved/Closed
Renan - Jan 19, 2009 at 08:50 PM
 Harry - Aug 31, 2009 at 04:54 AM
Hello,
I know this problem is everywhere, but I've tried all I could to solve it and .... nothing!
Well, I'm having the reboot loop on Windows XP Professional SP2.
I've tried everything I found on the internet.
My last try was:
Booted my pc with Trinity Rescue Kit 3.3 and tried to mount all fs, but it failed to mount the HD I want, so I can't access it from other places. Also tried to use the HD as a slave on another machine, but it does not recognize too!
Then I tried to re-install windonws without formating, but I don't have this option!
Windows Boot CD doesn't recognize my HD (the one with problem), it says "Unknown", but it recognizes my other drive as NTFS...
I just can't lose all those files!
Well, I've disabled the Auto-reboot and found the technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7AEE524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
The problem is: I haven't found this anywhere!
The reboot loop started after a blackout and now I dont know what to do...
5th day without my precious computer T_T
Hope someone can help me!!!
Thanks in advance.
**Sorry for my bad english!
Related:

3 responses

The problem actually seems to lie within the harddrive.
Windows stop code 0x7B (0x0000007B) is "Inaccessable Boot Device." This usually means windows lost access to the partition/drive the operating system is on.

There is be a series of issues and fixes.
According to what you wrote, the drive is not being seen from windows. This usually means a reformat as the MBR could have been corrupted. Got critical files on there that you want to back up? Well if you have another computer you can use, and a spare CD, I suggest downloading Ubuntu and burning that onto a CD. No I am not implying installing Linux, you can use it "Live" meaning it will start up without installing anything to the hard-drives. You can boot into the Live Linux, and under places you'll find all your partitions on any file system they are (Linux will see and read NTFS partitions). Just open up the hard-drive the OS (Windows) is on, and go to another drive and drag and drop!

Now, what I just said above has a possibility not being a viable rescue plan for you. The only hold back is checking BIOS and seeing if the drive is being recognized. If BIOS does not see your drive, we're pretty much at SOL levels. If the BIOS cannot see the drive, you're going to have to forget about the drive. I sure hope that is not the case!

I hope the first solution I gave you works for the problem :)
Hi,
I've had this problem for a long time, actually my Hard Drive crashed with the same problem for more than four times!
The easiest and quickest way I've found to restoring your hard drive as it was before the crash is to disconnect your Hard drive form your PC and connect it to another PC which also has Windows XP SP2 installed on it. after you have connected the drive ensure that the other HD is the first boot device and your HD is the second. Then restart the computer.

You should have to do nothing when the system starts a scan disk should have been initiated and would start scanning...LET THE SCAN COMPLETE...when the scan is complete, plug your HD back into your system. Hopefully your windows would be restored without any loss of data.

If this does not work try this technique with another system.

I still have not found a complete cure for this problem(virus??!!) other than a complete format and new partitioning. I hope someone can give me a better alternative than the one I have mentioned above.
yeswedeliver Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009 1
Jan 19, 2009 at 10:03 PM
I am guessing that after the black out - your computer began seeking [on reboot] an operating system - BUT ON THE WRONG HARD DRIVE. There may be a partial installation on your other HD or because the one you have the OS on is corrupt - the pc goes to second HD - finds no OS and repeats. Just disconnect the HD w/o the OS on it. Then Go into your BIOS and insure network boot,etc are off and point it to CDROM as first boot device. When you are asked if you want to repair the first time -decline and continue as if you were doing a fresh install - after a few more screens select install on same partition leaving the same file system intact - sure? 'yes' and Then [I may be skipping some screens] you will be offered opportunity again [totally different option that needs no user input or command prompts, etc.] to repair ... you can try this first if you want. if it fails - next time reinstall same way but go ahead and copy the files over the old ones being sure to leave the file system intact....[you will see this option]. When repaired or reinstalled over old version...You will have to reinstall programs - but alll your data will be there. Then reconnect your second drive.