No xp pro disc and lost admin password

Solved/Closed
Darkstorm30 - Jan 19, 2009 at 02:59 AM
 hacker7 - Oct 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Hello,
I was given a desktop computer with windows xp pro sp2. I forgot the password that he told me and I tried to do some of the things that was in the forum, but I don't have the disk to do it in repair. I have a 8gb usb drive and my only computer access is at the library and I downloaded NT/Password disk but can't put on floppy because the library has a block on it. I have a dell laptop but does not have a floppy drive. I do have a copy of windows 2000 professional but can't use that. can somebody help me please help me?
Related:

8 responses

There is a hidden administrator account.

You can log on it and you can change or remove all the other passes of your comp without knowing the previous passes. Just type ctrl alt del twice and then type Administrator on the account name and you can enter. If that won't work, restart the computer and toggle the F5 button.You will get screen that will ask you if you want to boot with command prompt, choose it and then type net user, then press enter
# Then again type "
Net user [Username of the Account]*
" then press Enter, without the ["], and quotes. Make sure you spell the username correctly, and you have the '*'
# To change password press enter and after that tieler south * Reset password to what ever you want.
If that won't work, go to this link ..more suggested info on the replies
hi I have read your intrustions because I have an admin account on my laptop and I have forgot the password I have pu, but when I restarted my computer and press f5 it does not say reboot wit com promt what shall I do?? please help
Snow Crash > Sprite 31
Apr 8, 2009 at 03:15 PM
This got me to. Type a space between administrator and * so it will look like; net user administrator * instead of; net user administrator*