Photoshop CS3 can't open RAW files

Solved/Closed
Girl In Purple Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009 - Jan 18, 2009 at 03:00 PM
 wave - May 3, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Heyyy ,

i've downloaded photoshop CS3 and i'm using canon EOS 450D

i've been trying to edit RAW pictures using photoshop ofcourse .. but they didn't open

i downloaded the camera raw 3.7 software and followed all the downloading instructions on this page:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3647

but it didn't work also .. and when I try to open a RAW picture in photoshop CS3 I get this message : could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document "

I would really appreciate if someone would give a reason why this happened

~ THANK YOU
Related:

12 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Jan 18, 2009 at 09:26 PM
Download Adobe Camera Raw Plug-In 4.1.1

Here are the directions I followed to install the Adobe Camera Raw Plug-In 4.1.1:

To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:
1. Exit Photoshop CS3.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
4. Navigate to: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats
5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Note: If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
2. Start Bridge.
3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.

OK. Now, I can open the .CR2 Raw files in Adobe Photoshop CS3.
i couldnt open any RAW files in cs3, I followed your steps and it worked PERFECT, legend thanks man, ;-p
I worked for me Also. Thanks Xpcman.