Recherche
Ask a question Report

'Could not contact master game server...&#039 [Solved/Closed]

tibu - Latest answer on Dec 2, 2012 01:12AM
Hello, I have a big counter srike problem: when i try to find online servers it appears this mesage:
Could not cantact master game server to retrieve server list.
Can anyone help me????
Read more 
Answer
+115
moins plus
Go on to this website
http://css.setti.info/code/masterserver
then it says setti master server right click on it then click save link the save it to your counte strike 1.6 folder (not cstrike), then go on platform\config\ save it there

it may come up with counter strike source servers if its counter strike 1.6 but there is only a little

Hope this helps.

InStAnT KiLlEr- May 7, 2011 02:45AM
it works fine but after week it stop working???
Nkuuk- May 7, 2011 04:26AM
Didnt work..please help
Manish9111- Oct 12, 2012 10:12PM
Awesome bro thnx so much :D
ustasa- Nov 18, 2012 06:51AM
plzz help dident work
2342- Dec 2, 2012 01:12AM
please help me
Answer
+19
moins plus
Go on to this website
http://css.setti.info/code/masterserver
then it says masterserver.vdf right click on it then click save link the save it to your counte strike 1.6 folder (not cstrike), then go on platform\config\ save it there

it may come up with counter strike source servers if its counter strike 1.6 but there is only a little

Hope this helps.

counter strike souce- Jul 22, 2010 10:08PM
this is a counter strike source post not cs 1.6
Aragant- Jul 22, 2010 11:21PM
Perfect Solution :p
LOKI- Jul 23, 2010 10:00AM
THX -- Worked !! ;D --- Caution !!! -- This not work if you are a N00B !!
[UniteD]5 *motanner (fRoD)- Jul 28, 2010 02:37PM
yes i am a noob
Meet Dave- Aug 1, 2010 01:59AM
Ya This Helped Me
Internet Needs Intelligent type of people like you.
thank you again
Answer
+6
moins plus
thank you for suggestions but this thing is not working that
same problem is coming again and again "could not connect to master serve"
that thing coping masterservers.vdf files does nothing can anybody tell other ways to resolve this problem

shahab- Dec 6, 2009 05:58AM
harsh
then u try downloding serverbrowser.vdf tht may heklp u
Techial- Jun 8, 2010 02:03PM
Remember make the file read only!
Badeekh- Jun 22, 2010 11:04AM
hey it works but jst fetches international servers...want u ppl to suggest some way to just find the national or local (city) servers...
thx!!!
Answer
+6
moins plus
hi I've got the solution.
when u click on download masterservers.vdf on Setti it opens up some wierd stuff right?
copy the writing and paste it in ur masterserver.vdf in the cs directory under platform/config
(example:
E:\CS Source\Counter-Strike Source\platform\config) by right clicking the masterserver.vdf and clicking edit.
replace the text in it.
save it as it asks and then change the file name from masterservers.vdf.txt to masterservers.vdf

Answer
+5
moins plus
go to http://css.setti.info/servers/cs16/ , then copy the ip address of a server , open cs1.6, go to 'find servers'-> favourites->add server and paste the ip , you will be able to connect to the server.

I am still unable to find servers automatically, but the method above works .

Answer
+4
moins plus
you need to copy server.vdf file in \Valve\platform\config server will be shown

try it!

Answer
+4
moins plus
Just Download a newest Master Game Server file and put it in your CS ;)

Answer
+3
moins plus
iam unregistered and new but that is not important ^^

i want ask where to write in \config\???? there are only the text:
"MasterServers"
{
"0"
{
"addr" "207.173.177.12:27010"
}
"1"
{
"addr" "207.173.177.11:27010"
}
}
where schouldt i write it into

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hey man I used to get this too, but I figured out it was my Firewall that wasn't letting the server get to me. So I set hl2 to be a trusted program and now it works. OR you can just disable your firewall temporrily until ur done playing the game.

rambo- Apr 25, 2011 06:21AM
i cannot find hl2 in the firewall settings
Answer
+3
moins plus
I have downloaded the master server file and its 328 bytes (File size) and i have it in the steam file aswel (Not sure if i should thoguht) and it still does not work.

Can ANYONE help me at all PLEASE i beg you :(

Thanks
Josh

AYAN- Jun 20, 2010 02:51PM
Download The File First from this url "http://css.setti.info/download/MasterServers.vdf"

Copy MasterServers.vdf to config\ directory
Standalone: C:\games\Counter-Strike Source\platform\config\MasterServers.vdf
Steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\config\MasterServers.vdf or
C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike 1.6\platform\config\MasterServers.vdf

NOTE: If masterserver2.vdf is in the same directory then overwrite it too

Make MasterServers.vdf read-only
Right-click over MasterServers.vdf, select "Properties" and check "Read-only"

From Ayan Biswas...Ph - 8011204974.
ansh- Jun 22, 2010 03:15AM
thanx but it is still not wrking
ansh
Answer
+3
moins plus
ok i found out what i did rong after you install mastersever file right under it will say security under the read only button and to the right of that this fie came from another computer it mite be block to protect this computer hit button unblock done

Answer
+2
moins plus
when I go on my counter strike 1.6 source and I try to connect to a sever. It says could not contact master sever I have tried downloading torrents and master sever vdf file not working out

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hello, I have a big counter srike problem: when i try to find online servers it appears this mesage:
Could not cantact master game server to retrieve server list.
Can anyone help me????

Answer
+1
moins plus
OOOOOK, i saved the SettiMaster thingy, but now, as soon as i launch CS, everything loads, and when i try to click Find Server nothing happens, i hear the click but nothing happens, nothing shows up, PLZ HELP!!!!

/-\li- Mar 28, 2010 05:52AM
i need help!!!
Pete- Apr 9, 2010 06:24AM
same! wth
*tigerrr- Apr 10, 2010 02:36PM
same for me i'm desperate ;/
asdasd- Jul 26, 2010 03:15AM
make it Read only
asdasd- Jul 26, 2010 03:15AM
That or download Serverbrowser.vdf
Answer
+1
moins plus
Answer
+1
moins plus
ok i downladed setti master servers i copy the saved file and paste it on cs 1.6 and it loads cs help plz!!!!!

Answer
+1
moins plus
I have installed all the .vdf files (master server and server browser) but still the same message comes and i cant find any server . Pls help me

saeed- Feb 19, 2010 01:10PM
Hello,
Hi,..
guys i live in uae and i have installed the master server
it worked but all servers have a latency of 200+ so i ma getting kicked by most of them..how can i get all the servers in (UAE) to get lower latency .........................................
Any solution to this will be highly appreciated.. how can i get all the servers in (UAE)
Thanks..
123onfire321- Feb 22, 2010 02:28PM
Saeed just what you have to do is open task manager ( right click on task bar and selecct task manager).then go to process tab, there find HLDS.exe and right click on it and select priority and choose high. gimme the server IP i will also play.:D
Answer
+1
moins plus
Ok,
Go into you counter-strike folder > platform > Config then open Masterservers.vdf with notepad.
Clear all of the text out and replace it with this:
"MasterServers"
{
"hl1"
{
"0"
{
"addr" "188.40.40.201:27010"
}
}

If you are having problems or any difficulties please Email me at Email Id removed for security

Answer
+1
moins plus
guys wen u go on da site to download da mastergame server it doesnt work ??? any help plzzz ???

Answer
+1
moins plus
what is the problem i can help you!

1 2 3 Next
This document entitled « 'Could not contact master game server...&#039 » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.