Find my xp key

Solved/Closed
rayeddie Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2009 - Jan 15, 2009 at 06:06 AM
 Linux only way - Jun 16, 2010 at 09:06 AM
Hello,
I have corrupted files in windows xp, it wont boot even in safe mode.
I have run my hard drive externally and run chkdsk /r.
Still wont boot when i put it back and run windows.
I dont know the windows key otherwise i would use a xp disk i have which is for anothe computer and reinstal.
Any way of running the drive externally and finding out what the windows key is?
I dont think i can do it with Belarc, or can I?
Related:

3 responses

Was Frustrated
Dec 22, 2009 at 09:44 PM
Hello there,

I would just like to point out an application that i myself had come across recently to retrieve my Windows product key and MS Office keys.

XP CD-Key Finder: by Mayhem Development
http://www.mayhemdevelopment.com.au/products.php?prodID=827192

This application i found very handy and very quick to use, Plus it allows me to use it at work for the more difficult job of trying to find the cd keys on a non-bootable hard drive.

Basically it will get the product keys as per usual but will also obtain the current IP/User/PC Name which saves me just that little bit more time when i am doing multiple computer.

I have put it on a USB key which i quickly just plug in any time i need to use it.
But the better part is it is now on my main pc... If i cant boot a hdd i will simply plug the hdd into a usb adapter and then run the application on the ntuser.dat or the *.sav files which has allowed me to obtain the keys that way.

Hope this one can be helpful for someone else like it has been for me.

Regards,
Mike
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 15, 2009 at 04:41 PM
I just found this program that says it can retrieve the Windows Product Key even when windows will not boot.

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
Thank you SO MUCH for the keyfinder! I had a preinstalled Windows which I needed to reinstall, and I didn't have my product key for the rescue disk; now I do! Again I say, thanks a lot! :)
Rajneesh > OMIGHTY1
Dec 5, 2009 at 03:50 AM
Thank you SO MUCH for the keyfinder! & but I d'not know my window XP prfessional (Sevice Pack 3) product Key.

Regards,

Rajneesh
Linux only way
Jun 16, 2010 at 09:06 AM
xpcman you rock
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 15, 2009 at 03:27 PM