Ask a question Report

No audio,no sound device and troubleshoot is [Solved/Closed]

ravi - Latest answer on Oct 12, 2012 04:58AM
Hello,
hai
right click "my computer"click "manage"click "device manager"click "sound,video and game controller
open(audio codes,legacy audio driver,legacy video capture device,media control devices,video codes. i can choose any of them it shows this device is working properly.i go to start menu, setting,control panel select sound and audio "it showes "no sound device" i don't understand whats going on my video device is working properly.but there is no sound
my computeris:-
system
microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack 2
computer intel(R)
pentium(R)4
cpu 3.00ghz
1.00 gb of ram
give me the right solution.
thanks
Read more 
Answer
+355
moins plus
Try this:

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

With a bit of luck and following wind you should now have your sound restored.

Good luck

prem- Sep 5, 2008 08:10AM
thanks a lot man.. this was the best solution to the problem . i was baout to format my p c today before u came and made the day for me..
more people like u and we wont b dependin on technicians to repair comp like u
fan- Apr 19, 2011 09:08PM
You are a genius.You are auwsome.Great..Thanks.
krusty65 1Posts Sunday October 7, 2012Registration date October 7, 2012Last seen - Oct 7, 2012 06:51AM
What happens after you do all of this and it still shows no audio device?????????
prabhu- Oct 7, 2012 01:09PM
What happens after you do all of this and it still shows no audio device????????? pls explain
Thankful- Oct 12, 2012 04:58AM
Champion. So much time wasted for such a little thing.
The service was disabled for me. Enabling it and its all good.
Answer
+46
moins plus
hi
i installed MicrosoftXP sp2 recently.. i couldnt here any sound from my system. when i clicked "Sound and audio devices" in control panel it is showing "No devices selected", can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

chaos- Oct 9, 2008 08:00PM
so i fixed my problem i have a gateway mx6121 laptop it crashed i restored it useing a freinds restor disc whitch he downloaded and copied ( i dont even think its legit but it works for me) anyways evrything works fine but i couldent lay it kept saying no device or running somewhere else or not installed properly after forever i went into add hardware wizard its asked if device has ben connected i said use cause i did download the driver from gateway so i assumed thats what it was asking i selected audio codecs and went from there it found my driver and fixed the problem ive ben jamming ever sense
Answer
+36
moins plus
hai
right click "my computer"click "manage"click "device manager"click "sound,video and game controller
open(audio codes,legacy audio driver,legacy video capture device,media control devices,video codes. i can choose any of them it shows this device is working properly.i go to start menu, setting,control panel select sound and audio "it showes "no sound device" i don't understand whats going on my video device is working properly.but there is no sound
system
microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack 2
computer intel
celeron processor
cpu 501mhz
128 mb of ram
give me the right solution.
thanks

Answer
+27
moins plus
I have found this fix to work when windows show no audio device... all drivers are loaded correct and the device is no muted. (You'd be surprised how many people just do not know how to un-mute)

Go to Control Panel
Select Administrative Tools
Then Services
Scroll down to Windows Audio (if the service is stopped)
Double click - and select start if service status is stopped. Also verify startup status is set to automatic.
Sound should then be enabled once again. If problem is persistent restart your pc....

Christina

Answer
+20
moins plus
The same thing happened to me while I was uninstalling a few programs and I just did a system restore; volume came right back!

Try:
Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore

When you get there, either
(A) Pick a day and time YOU KNOW your volume was working correctly and restore from there (For example, you know your volume was working on 9/3/08 at 10:54 PM but it disappeared at 11:01 PM. So, you would want to restore your computer to 9/3/08 at 10:51 PM because YOU KNOW your volume was working then)
or
(B) Pick one of the activities you recently used when you KNOW your volume was working correctly and restore from there.

A system restore basically takes your computer to the past and restarts it (with all your settings) from the past time of your choice--> you are literally "UNDO"ING anything you did on your computer AFTER your volume broke. Therefore, you may have to re download, install, etc. things that you completed after the date you are going to restore from.

Good Luck and I hope it works for you!

~S.

Answer
+13
moins plus
Wow i have no sound in my computer. Is there any body can help me?

Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel Pentium(R) 4 CPU
3.40 GHz
1.0 GB of RAM

Does any body have a wright software?

gogolude- Oct 9, 2008 06:43AM
Hi, to know exactly what sound driver to download, download the program called "PCU-ID". Once downloaded, run the program. What this program does is it checks all your registry files on your computer and will display all important information that you will need about your computer. Your processor, mother board, ram, etc is all displayed. Its a very handy program actually. So once you have figured out the name of your mother board, type the model into google and add driver behind the name. It should take you to the manufacturers website where you can download the sound, video and other drivers for your board for free. Hope this works for you!
syidi- Oct 16, 2008 10:23AM
hi gogolude, does it work with windows 98? Thanks.
shafique- Oct 9, 2008 10:53AM
Dear sir,

i have xp professional ser pack 2 there is no sound from my system may be legacy audio driver not install ho i can get this hard ware via internet

thanking you
Answer
+12
moins plus
Hi Ravi,

Did you make any changes on your system recenty ? if so, then the Audio Drivers must be corrupted.
check once in safe mode with networking and hear if the volume is working fine ? if doesnt work there also ....
boot into normal windows screen and update the Audio drivers from the Device Manager directly.

dot- Jul 16, 2008 06:03AM
hello, i hope someone could help me. my sound drivers are installed and the sound was coming out, but in someday i downloaded "switch sound file converter" and after i've installed it there was no sound in my entire pc and i had media player, vlc, divX, mpc star, quick time, itunes, and k-lite installed on my pc..i've tried many songs and videos to check if the there is sound or not, but there wasn't any sound coming out and the speakers were connected correctly..so i uninstalled all of the programs that i mentioned above except media player and re-installed k-lite, divX, but the sound was still not coming out, so what shall i do to fix it?
rohit- Jul 28, 2008 08:05AM
try to another bords driver cd and another window like xp pack3
PB dot - Aug 10, 2008 07:40AM
Hi, I also have no sound on my laptop for video's and cd's !!! help what do I do ?
Answer
+9
moins plus
where can i find sound driver for my windows xp version 2002?

Ravgm- Jun 18, 2008 11:18AM
Hi,

whats yours system Model number ? is it an assembled one or company ? because in windows you get default sound but the clarity is poor, hence we have to install seperate drivers to get it work.

Give me the model number of the system i will tell you where and how you can download the drivers.
JAYJAY- Jul 30, 2008 06:03AM
EP058AA-ABU SR1705UK GB610
Aparajith Ravgm - Sep 1, 2008 02:31AM
Hi,
I have a assembled version. The motherboard is intel.
and I have windows XP service pack 2.
I formatted the system after that i am not able to hear anything.
Plz help me out

thnaks and regards,
Aparajith
Answer
+9
moins plus
i got a nvidi geforce vedio card installed. now my sound does not work

Answer
+5
moins plus
can aney one help how do i get to my bios please helpp me ok thanks get back to me a s a pok

swapnil- Aug 21, 2008 12:49AM
to go to bios screen restart your computer and when the name your motherbard come press delete key your bis screen will be opened.
Answer
+4
moins plus
Oh my....still no solution to the problem...
Anyway my bet is in the compatibility of the crystal xp and the existing drivers...But still im looking for the appropriate solution..

Answer
+4
moins plus
the problem is i cant find the Multimedia Audio Controlle

Sabastain Anthony- Sep 23, 2008 10:06AM
HI
i cant find sound device of intel pc
pls give some suggestion
Answer
+4
moins plus
wow man whoever said go to control panel and go to services is a genious for me lol.. ive been having major pc problems lately and my svchost.exe process has been infected.. my computer was going so slow so then i decied to end the process one day and now it works fine.. anyways i must have done something with the sound when i ended the process. so i done that thing in services and now it works lol thxx evry1

Answer
+4
moins plus
system
microsoft windows xp
proffessional
version 2002
service pack 2,v.2096
computer
mobile AMD Athlon{tm}XP-M
1800+
521 MHz
224 of RAM

Answer
+4
moins plus
Thank you very much. I updated driver for realtek, and restarted, yes I'm back on track. Thanks again.Everflowinglife

Answer
+3
moins plus
hai hmm are your speakers well connected? lol

surinder Sudip - Aug 24, 2008 07:21AM
I have got a compaq laptop which was installed with vista. But i had formatted it to windows xp pack3 Since then Iam not able to audio sound ,kindly advice what should be downloaded Pl. give me the proper link.
sumit- Aug 16, 2008 04:56AM
my comp shows PCI DRIVERS not found. i am using window xp sp3. but in my previous version of xp sp 2 the HD sound bus had supported. now what can i do?????
satish- Sep 1, 2008 05:31AM
system
microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack 2
Meida Player- Sep 16, 2008 03:39AM
Nno sound after formatting the sound gone off list the steps to get it back
john- Dec 3, 2008 06:29AM
When i re-install window xp sp2. my computer sound not hear.how will i do?
Answer
+3
moins plus
i have the same thing going on ive bee searching everywhere and i cant figure it out. What is the solution.. Does anybody now how to fix it what drive is and where is it located. A link please help i cant hear nothing. Please some one out help us all... Thank You

Windows XP Service Pack 3
Ginuine intel(R) CPU T2300

sobordem- Jul 17, 2008 05:20AM
you have no sound on your version of XP becuase sp3 was just beta, it never came with sound, i had the same problem, and most likely u downloaded the torrent for xp sp3 so just go back to your old sp2, like i said sp3 was just beta something to do with vista not sure tho and it never came with alot of drivers sound being one of them
gypsy1- Aug 3, 2008 12:49PM
That makes the most sense. Thanks, I'll try going back to service pack 2 and see what happens.
Zulkarnain Khosa sobordem - Oct 27, 2008 09:21AM
I think you are right, atleast for me because I just checked by rightclickingmycomputerandselectingprp that I have SP3. I did'nt downloaded sp3 but got CD of It.
Answer
+2
moins plus
yo wat is the right way to get ur sound for free i have the same problem

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi I need your help I cannot find any device when I go to device manager
neither can I restore system because it is blank

This document entitled « no audio,no sound device and troubleshoot is » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.