I can not get any .EXE programs to run

Solved/Closed
Russell - Apr 4, 2011 at 01:48 PM
 Anonymous User - Apr 4, 2011 at 06:42 PM
Hello,
Some how my father has messed up his computer to where it will not open any .exe program. I have tried to do a System Restore but the same thing keeps popping up asking me how do I want to open this file. Then it goes on to give me a list of IE, Firefox, Word, Office,... I have tried to download software from the internet to help me find the problem but I can not load it. I keep getting the same error, Application not found. Even when I open Firefox, the list opens to what program it wants me to open this with. I have done a few searches and one was to find the REGEDIT and try to open it and fix it there but I can not get that open because it is an .exe program. The only thing I know to do is to take the computer back to its default settings. But I hate to do this because I will have to reinstall everything once again. My copy of MS Office I have already used the key code 3 times and I will not be able to install again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 4, 2011 at 01:53 PM
Greetings,

Refer to this faq for fixing your issue:
https://ccm.net/faq/1570-unable-to-run-executable-files-exe-on-windows

Please, let me know of the situation.

Good Luck
Hello, I tried to do both of the solutions that were in your message. The first, was to find the EXE file. That file is not there. I clicked on New and I added the EXE but could not see anywhere to restore it. The second solution was to add the text to notepad and save as. I did this too and I am not really sure what you mean by (# Close the notebook and then right-click the file. REG> Merge # Click YES and OK.) After I closed notepad. I did not know where it saved it to so I did everything again and looked where it was saving it to. For some reason, it was saving it to System32. So I went there, right clicked on the REG file that I just made and did not see anywhere to Merge.
I also noticed that when I am under my control panel, I can not open anything. I keep getting the same error code. C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Application not found
Anonymous User
Apr 4, 2011 at 02:55 PM
Ok, let's try this:

This works on the rundll32 error

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_exe_fix.zip
Alright, that seamed to fix all my problems. I restarted my fathers computer and I am getting two errors that pop up these have been there forever and I have never worried about them. Maybe these have something to do with everything. Both are RUNDLL errors the first is: C:\WINDOWS\tuis10.dll and the other is Awamiruxe.dll both are saying that "The Specified Module could not be found"
Anonymous User
Apr 4, 2011 at 03:41 PM
If I understand correctly, your .exe problem is solved.

To fix these two issues, do these manipulations:

Sure you need to follow few steps.
Go to Start- - > Run.
Type msconfig.
On the start up tab uncheck the line that loads cdaengine0400.dll and tuis10.dll.
Click on Apply and OK.
Restart your Pc and you won't get the error message.