Acer Aspire model 5551-A wont turn back on

Solved/Closed
Kai hayes - Mar 25, 2011 at 07:16 PM
 Happy as can Be - Apr 15, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Hello,

Tried to turn on the acer laptop but it will not turn on, tried taking out the battery and removing the power then held the power button for 30 seconds, then put in the power again and pressed the power button but it wont turn on, even after I put the battery in again. Please help I only got this laptop just before christmas.
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Mar 25, 2011 at 07:50 PM
Hi,

Did you get your motherboard's brand name (like Acer) when you switch on your laptop, If yes, you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen.

Go to the BIOS --> Make sure hard disk is detected in the BIOS -- > Set your first boot device as "Hard disk" --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck!
the laptop does not turn on at all, only have had the laptop for 3 months
Anonymous User
Mar 27, 2011 at 06:59 PM
When you press the power button, do you have the LED light up or can you hear the fan turn?
nothing comes up, I took it to a computer repair shop,and they told me its the mother board...how it can be fried after 3 month I dont understand, I am using this old one again, works perfectly for 5 years now its falling apart slowly but still turns on.
Anonymous User
Mar 29, 2011 at 04:51 AM
Hello,

Yes sometimes motherboards crashes due to overheating. In these cases the only thing to do is change the motherboard. Thank you anyway for your feedback. Good luck for the future.

Regards.
Thx...