Ask a question Report

Ares won't connect [Solved]

michel..... - Latest answer on Jan 3, 2012 12:47PM
Hello, i have ares vista 3.0.9 and won't connect can some1 plz help me?
Read more 
Answer
+7
moins plus
I deleted the port number and check it again and no luck,so I close ares twice and got it!
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Hello,

That's what people who had the same problme said, hope that it will work for you.

I had same problem when I reloaded windows os,just says connecting and thats all,but as luck would have it. I had my shared folder on a second drive,not on the default ares folder I do this to have more space for my downloads.What happens is as soon as I changed folder from ares default to my second drive,which of course I named ares shared folder,restarted ares and as soon as it started loading my downloads ares connected online,tried this with my mates pc,taking my drive to his pc,dragging and dropping into his newly created ares shared folder,again not ares default,and ares connected onlline,only tried this the two times,hope it works for you.
michel.....- Mar 24, 2011 10:00AM
i tried both of them and it won't connect....
any more idea?
bionik 4540Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration date ContributorStatus April 22, 2015Last seen - Mar 24, 2011 12:44PM
Hi,

Try this one:
Go into Ares control panel and click on transfer, there's a box saying what port to use. Delete that number then close ares down, then reload ares and a different port number would have been found, then ares will start working.

Good Luck!
lana- May 12, 2011 01:19AM
still no luck here... :(
Guest- Aug 11, 2011 02:35AM
Deleting that number worked for me! =D
Lau- Jan 3, 2012 12:47PM
what max did worked for me too!! ;)
Add comment
This document entitled « ares won't connect » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.